"Life is a wonderful thing to talk about, or to read about in history books - but it is terrible when one has to live it."
—Jean Anouilh (1910-87) French playwright
- VIDEO: Giant cake served for Rio's birthday Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:20:31 GMT
- The city of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil has been celebrating its 450th anniversary, with events including the baking of a 450-metre long birthday cake for the residents.
- VIDEO: Ebola fight 'not over 'til it's over' Mon, 02 Mar 2015 17:17:29 GMT
- The head of Liberia's Ebola response team says that the country is working towards reducing the number of cases to zero.
- VIDEO: Ishiguro's wife 'demanded rewrite' Mon, 02 Mar 2015 12:02:39 GMT
- Kazuo Ishiguro describes how his wife told him to "totally rewrite" his latest novel, The Buried Giant.
- VIDEO: Baby orangutans need new mum Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:47:13 GMT
- Staff are hoping two Sumatran orangutans will find new mothers at Monkey World Ape Rescue Centre in Dorset.
- VIDEO: Astronauts brave week's third spacewalk Sun, 01 Mar 2015 17:18:44 GMT
- Two American astronauts have ventured out on a spacewalk for the third time in a week, to install cables on the International Space Station.
- Has the global economy slowed down? Mon, 02 Mar 2015 01:55:59 GMT
- Are we living through a structural change in globalisation as big as any since World War II without fully realising it?
- Under the Dome: The climate film taking China by storm Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:39:33 GMT
- A journalist’s robust film about pollution in China - apparently released with official approval - sweeps China, with 100 million views in two days.
- Samsung tries to get an edge on its rivals Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:37:07 GMT
- Samsung's good looking new smartphone should restore some of its lost confidence.
- What next for Russia's opposition? Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:33:07 GMT
- It is time for the Kremlin's opponents to stop jostling for primacy and let the Russian people take the lead, writes Konstantin von Eggert.
- VIDEO: How strong is Iraq's army? Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:23:17 GMT
- Iraq's army is battling an jihadist insurgency - but how strong is the force?
- Does Australia need foreign investment? Sun, 01 Mar 2015 21:07:07 GMT
- Foreign land ownership is seen by many as a problem in Australia but the farm sector has another side to the story.
- VIDEO: HTC virtual reality kit surprises Sun, 01 Mar 2015 16:57:48 GMT
- HTC unveils a virtual reality headset as part of a tie-up with video games giant Valve, posing a threat to Facebook's Oculus.
- Income-based bus fares in Seattle Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:06:34 GMT
- Seattle's transport system has introduced a ticketing system this week that charges riders based on their income.
- Toronto tunnel: No criminal activity Mon, 02 Mar 2015 15:05:17 GMT
- Police say two men behind a tunnel discovered in Toronto last week built it for "personal reasons".
- Uruguay leaders' love of old cars Mon, 02 Mar 2015 11:32:54 GMT
- Newly inaugurated Uruguayan president Tabare Vazquez continues his predecessor Jose Mujica's tradition of using vintage cars for official engagements.