"If you will protest courageously, and yet with dignity and Christian love, when the history books are written in future generations, the historians will have to pause and say, There lived a great people-a black people-who injected new meaning and dignity into the veins of civilization."
—Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-68) African-American reverend, civil rights leader
- Alps co-pilot 'had suicide treatment' Mon, 30 Mar 2015 20:37:22 GMT
- Co-pilot of crashed Germanwings jet, Andreas Lubitz, had treatment for suicidal tendencies before he gained his licence, investigators say.
- Nigeria vote 'too close to call' Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:01:24 GMT
- Initial results from Nigeria's election show little separating the two main candidates for the presidency, with full results due on Tuesday.
- One dead after shooting at NSA Mon, 30 Mar 2015 20:30:05 GMT
- Two people are being treated for injuries after an incident at the headquarters of the NSA outside of Washington.
- Indiana to 'clarify' religion law Mon, 30 Mar 2015 23:25:04 GMT
- Republicans in the US state of Indiana say they will amend a controversial "religious freedom" law, as accusations grow that it permits businesses to discriminate against gays.
- Jay Z promotes music streaming brand Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:15:01 GMT
- Some of the biggest names in entertainment have re-launched the music subscription service Tidal, which they claim will change musical history.
- Borneo man guilty of Britons' murder Tue, 31 Mar 2015 03:12:03 GMT
- A Malaysian court finds a local man guilty of murdering two British medical students in Borneo.
- Mexico anger over crocodile shooting Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:41:58 GMT
- A police officer in Mexico is suspended after a video posted on YouTube shows a man in uniform killing a crocodile with a machine gun.
- Indian monsoon's past analysed Tue, 31 Mar 2015 02:59:45 GMT
- Fossils from the ocean floor are yielding clues to the Indian monsoon millions of years ago.
- Red Cross aid worker killed in Mali Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:22:18 GMT
- A Red Cross employee has been killed and another injured in a gun attack by suspected Islamist militants in Mali, the aid organisation says.
- Iran nuclear talks near key deadline Mon, 30 Mar 2015 16:57:22 GMT
- Last hours of intensive diplomacy over Iran's nuclear programme take place in Switzerland ahead of Tuesday's deadline for a long-awaited deal.
- Uganda al-Shabab prosecutor killed Mon, 30 Mar 2015 20:41:58 GMT
- Joan Kagezi, the top Ugandan state prosecutor in the trial of 13 men suspected of a deadly al-Shabab bomb attack, is shot dead in Kampala.
- VIDEO: Alps rescuer: 'The scene was surreal' Thu, 26 Mar 2015 21:40:51 GMT
- Jean Sebastien Beaud from the mountain police, who arrived at the French Alps site soon after the plane crash, describes the scene as "surreal".
- VIDEO: Does your pet have 'separation anxiety'? Mon, 23 Mar 2015 09:39:26 GMT
- Vets are warning that a growing number of dogs and other pets are suffering from separation anxiety as peoples' working habits change.
- VIDEO: China warning over global warming Sun, 22 Mar 2015 19:24:45 GMT
- The head of China's weather bureau warns that the country faces serious problems as a result of climate change.
- VIDEO: India 'looking strong' in World Cup Mon, 23 Mar 2015 12:46:24 GMT
- India have looked very impressive in the cricket World Cup, and cricket columnist Ayaz Memon has been speaking to the BBC in Mumbai on their chances of winning the tournament.