"We know where most of the creativity, the innovation, the stuff that drives productivity lies--in the minds of those closest to the work. It's been there in front of our noses all along while we've been running around chasing robots and reading books on how to become Japanese--or at least manage like them."
—John F. Welch
- Iraq launches Tikrit operation Mon, 02 Mar 2015 07:05:58 GMT
- Iraq launches military operation to recapture Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit from Islamic State, Iraqi TV says.
- US police shoot homeless man dead Mon, 02 Mar 2015 07:09:57 GMT
- A video has captured the moment US police shot and killed a homeless man after an altercation in downtown Los Angeles.
- 'Jihadi John was cold and a loner' Sun, 01 Mar 2015 22:34:28 GMT
- The Islamic State fighter known as "Jihadi John" was cold and a loner who set himself apart from others, says an IS defector who met him in Syria.
- Kerry to tackle Lavrov on Ukraine Mon, 02 Mar 2015 04:57:49 GMT
- US Secretary of State John Kerry will meet his Russian counterpart ahead of the release of a UN report on human rights violations in Ukraine.
- N Korea opens fire as drills start Mon, 02 Mar 2015 05:58:36 GMT
- North Korea fires two short-range missiles into the sea as annual US-South Korea military exercises get under way, officials in Seoul say.
- Arrests after HK shopping protest Mon, 02 Mar 2015 05:42:45 GMT
- Hong Kong police arrest more than 30 people after protesters gathered for a third time against mainland Chinese tourists.
- Estonia ruling party wins election Mon, 02 Mar 2015 06:14:52 GMT
- Estonia's ruling party has won national elections and is expected to form a governing coalition after defeating its pro-Russian rival.
- Murder charge for Peru ex-minister Mon, 02 Mar 2015 00:57:18 GMT
- An ex-minister in Peru is charged with involvement in the killing of a journalist during the Shining Path rebel insurgency in the 1980s.
- Argentine leader hails lower debt Sun, 01 Mar 2015 22:44:41 GMT
- Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner defends her economic policy in her last speech to Congress before she steps down in December.
- UK cuts 'concern' head of US Army Mon, 02 Mar 2015 01:58:33 GMT
- The US Army's most senior general says he is "very concerned" about the impact spending cuts will have on the strength of the UK's armed forces.
- Oligarch faces North Sea deal block Sun, 01 Mar 2015 23:54:43 GMT
- The UK government says it will block the sale of 12 North Sea oil and gas fields to Russian oligarch Mikhail Fridman.
- First tree seeds for Doomsday vault Mon, 02 Mar 2015 01:39:48 GMT
- The Svalbard "Doomsday" seed vault, which protects the world's food crops, accepts its first consignment of seeds from forest tree species.
- VIDEO: How do you bake a 450-metre cake? Sun, 01 Mar 2015 05:48:14 GMT
- The city of Rio de Janeiro is celebrating its 450th anniversary on Sunday with a series of events.
- VIDEO: Museum displays Iraq's rich history Sun, 01 Mar 2015 10:56:18 GMT
- Iraq's national museum has reopened 12 years after it was closed following the American invasion of the country.
- VIDEO: Congressman pays 'Downton' decor costs Sat, 28 Feb 2015 23:46:29 GMT
- An American congressman has to pay back $40,000 of public money after re-decorating his office in the style of the period television drama Downton Abbey