"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
—John Burroughs (1837-1921) American naturalist, writer
- Sea search for Malaysia jet 'debris' Mon, 10 Mar 2014 02:58:14 GMT
- Teams searching for a Malaysia Airlines jet are investigating a possible debris sighting, nearly two days after the plane vanished carrying 239 people.
- Ukraine gripped by rival rallies Sun, 09 Mar 2014 21:51:04 GMT
- Tens of thousands of people across Ukraine hold rival pro-unity and pro-Russian rallies, as Moscow continues to strengthen its grip on Crimea.
- Assad forces 'starving' refugee camp Mon, 10 Mar 2014 00:06:07 GMT
- Starvation of civilians is being used as a weapon of war by Syria, Amnesty says, with 128 dying as a result in Yarmouk camp in Damascus.
- Iran sees nuclear deal 'in months' Sun, 09 Mar 2014 12:33:20 GMT
- Iran's foreign minister tells the visiting EU foreign policy chief a nuclear deal could come in months but Catherine Ashton stresses there is no guarantee.
- Migrants die in Yemen boat sinking Sun, 09 Mar 2014 23:13:32 GMT
- Forty-two African migrants have drowned when their boat capsized off the coast of Yemen, according to officials.
- Syria rebels free kidnapped nuns Mon, 10 Mar 2014 01:32:56 GMT
- A group of Greek Orthodox nuns kidnapped by rebels in the Syrian Christian town of Maaloula in December have been released.
- New threat to ozone layer identified Sun, 09 Mar 2014 18:09:01 GMT
- Scientists identify four new man-made gases that are contributing to the depletion of the ozone layer.
- Blood test 'finds Alzheimer's early' Sun, 09 Mar 2014 18:13:26 GMT
- A blood test can accurately predict the onset of Alzheimer's disease, according to US researchers.
- Dozens killed in Iraq suicide blast Sun, 09 Mar 2014 17:35:53 GMT
- A suspected suicide bomber in Iraq kills at least 32 people at a security checkpoint in the mainly Shia city of Hilla, south of Baghdad.
- El Salvador ex-guerrilla in poll bid Mon, 10 Mar 2014 02:34:19 GMT
- Voting ends in a run-off election in El Salvador, where ex-guerrilla commander Salvador Sanchez Ceren could become president.
- Maldives poll commission sentenced Sun, 09 Mar 2014 20:29:05 GMT
- The Maldives Supreme Court sentences the entire election commission to six months in jail, suspended for three years, for "disobeying orders".
- Henry Ford's last grandson dies Sun, 09 Mar 2014 20:25:00 GMT
- The last surviving grandson of Henry Ford, the founder of the Ford Motor Company, William Clay Ford Snr, dies at the age of 88.
- VIDEO: Iran nuclear deal 'within months' Sun, 09 Mar 2014 23:32:20 GMT
- The Iranian foreign minister has told the visiting EU foreign policy chief, Catherine Ashton, that a nuclear deal could come in the next four months.
- VIDEO: Plane and skydiver collide mid-air Sun, 09 Mar 2014 17:15:14 GMT
- A pilot and jumper escaped with minor injuries after a plane became entangled in the strings of a skydiver's parachute, sending both crashing into the ground near Tampa, Florida.
- VIDEO: 'Serious funding shortfall' in Syria Sun, 09 Mar 2014 18:37:19 GMT
- The World Food Programme says it has a serious funding shortfall for its work in Syria.