"Happy the people whose annals are blank in the history books!"
—Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881) British historian, essayist
- Militants claim deadly Kenya attack Sat, 22 Nov 2014 18:11:10 GMT
- Militants from Somali group al-Shabab say they attacked a bus in northern Kenya, killing 28 people, in revenge for security raids on mosques.
- West 'seeks Russia regime change' Sat, 22 Nov 2014 18:09:49 GMT
- Western sanctions against Russia over its role in Ukraine are aimed at forcing regime change in Moscow, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says.
- Ebola 'stable' in Guinea - WHO Sat, 22 Nov 2014 15:33:53 GMT
- The deadly Ebola outbreak is now "stable" in Guinea, the country where the latest crisis began, the World Health Organization says.
- 'Big gaps' hamper Iran nuclear talks Sat, 22 Nov 2014 19:10:22 GMT
- Important sticking points remain in talks with Iran, Western powers warn, as negotiations on Tehran's nuclear programme enter their final stages.
- Red Bull excluded from qualifying Sat, 22 Nov 2014 17:50:46 GMT
- Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo and Sebastian Vettel are excluded from qualifying at the Abu Dhabi GP for driving illegal cars.
- Iraq troops battle IS in Ramadi Sat, 22 Nov 2014 13:18:21 GMT
- Iraq's army launches an operation to retake parts of Ramadi in Anbar province, a major city largely controlled by Islamic State militants.
- Thai king's absence sparks concern Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:24:17 GMT
- King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand fails to appear for a scheduled event, raising fresh concerns about his health.
- Pilgrims flock to 16th-Century saint Sat, 22 Nov 2014 17:16:13 GMT
- Thousands of Catholic pilgrims are converging on Goa in India to see the relics of Saint Francis Xavier, a 16th Century Spanish missionary.
- US 'to expand' Afghan combat role Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:30:28 GMT
- US troops in Afghanistan will have a broader role than initially planned next year, as their combat mission draws to a close, US officials say.
- Bahrain holds disputed election Sat, 22 Nov 2014 12:55:52 GMT
- Voters are going to the polls in Bahrain's first parliamentary elections since Arab Spring protests in 2011, but many Shias are urging a boycott.
- Portugal ex-PM held over tax fraud Sat, 22 Nov 2014 14:24:13 GMT
- The former prime minister of Portugal, Jose Socrates, has been arrested in Lisbon as part of an investigation into money-laundering and bribery.
- Mexico vows action on rule of law Sat, 22 Nov 2014 03:05:58 GMT
- Mexico's government vows to take action on the rule of law and restore credibility in institutions, after the disappearance of 43 students.
- VIDEO: Ukraine uprising: One year on Fri, 21 Nov 2014 22:40:38 GMT
- Services have been held in Ukraine to mark the anniversary of the mass protests which sparked the downfall of former president Viktor Yanukovych.
- VIDEO: 100-year-old sees ocean for first time Sat, 22 Nov 2014 05:36:19 GMT
- The moment a 100-year-old American woman, Ruby Holt, sees the ocean for the first time.
- VIDEO: YouTube studios for internet stars Fri, 21 Nov 2014 11:27:26 GMT
- YouTube is investing millions of dollars to set up professional studios which are free to use for anyone who has at least five thousand subscribers.