"All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned--the biggest word of all--look."
—Robert (L.) Fulghum (b. 1937) American writer, author
- Bomber 'kills 45' at Afghan match Sun, 23 Nov 2014 16:22:08 GMT
- A suicide bomber in east Afghanistan kills at least 45 people at a volleyball match, as Afghan MPs approve security deals with Nato and the US.
- Diplomats push for Iran nuclear deal Sun, 23 Nov 2014 18:08:41 GMT
- Foreign ministers from several countries are in Vienna for talks, in a final bid to reach a deal on Iran's nuclear programme before Monday's deadline.
- Hamilton wins world championship Sun, 23 Nov 2014 16:43:26 GMT
- Britain's Lewis Hamilton clinches his second drivers' world championship with a comfortable victory in the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
- Volleyball woman out of Iran prison Sun, 23 Nov 2014 17:51:08 GMT
- British-Iranian Ghoncheh Ghavami, who was detained at a men's volleyball match in Iran, is freed on bail, her family says.
- Kenya 'kills 100 Shabab militants' Sun, 23 Nov 2014 16:28:16 GMT
- The Kenyan military has killed more than 100 al-Shabab militants linked to a deadly attack on a bus, Kenya's deputy president says.
- New computer spying bug discovered Sun, 23 Nov 2014 18:32:53 GMT
- Computer security firm Symantec discovers what it says is one of the most sophisticated pieces of malicious software ever seen.
- Tunisia in landmark presidency poll Sun, 23 Nov 2014 15:37:03 GMT
- Tunisians vote in the country's first presidential election since the 2011 "Arab Spring" revolution that triggered uprisings across the region.
- India tea workers kill boss over pay Sun, 23 Nov 2014 15:04:02 GMT
- Workers at a tea plantation in eastern India beat and stab the owner to death in a row over pay arrears.
- MH17 wreckage leaves rebel Ukraine Sun, 23 Nov 2014 15:45:12 GMT
- Debris from the Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 leaves rebel-held areas near the crash site heading for the government-controlled city of Kharkiv.
- 'Boko Haram' kills Nigeria fishermen Sun, 23 Nov 2014 13:43:44 GMT
- Islamist militants from Nigeria's Boko Haram kill 48 fishermen in an attack near the border with Chad, reports from the area say.
- Ex-Washington Mayor Marion Barry dies Sun, 23 Nov 2014 08:49:49 GMT
- Marion Barry, a four-term Democratic mayor of Washington DC mayor who won re-election after a drug arrest, dies at 78.
- Thai king quashes health concerns Sun, 23 Nov 2014 13:16:47 GMT
- King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand attends a ceremony to confirm two government ministers in Bangkok, quashing speculation about his health.
- VIDEO: 'Feeling of optimism' in Tunisia Sun, 23 Nov 2014 16:37:16 GMT
- Tunisians are voting in the country's first presidential election since the 2011 "Arab Spring"
- VIDEO: Charing Cross reopens after train fire Sun, 23 Nov 2014 16:58:43 GMT
- Charing Cross station in central London was closed for about two hours following a fire on a train.
- VIDEO: England's blind cricket World Cup bid Sun, 23 Nov 2014 08:55:30 GMT
- England's visually-impaired team who are preparing to take part in the fourth blind cricket World Cup later this week.