"Each time we re-read a book we get more out of it because we put more into it; a different person is reading it, and therefore it is a different book."
- 'Weeping' Australia mourns Hughes Thu, 27 Nov 2014 22:02:41 GMT
- Australia is "weeping" at the death of cricketer Phillip Hughes, says former opening batsman Michael Slater - as the country mourns.
- Mexican president to overhaul police Thu, 27 Nov 2014 22:28:18 GMT
- Mexico's president announces plans for a massive overhaul of police, in the wake of the disappearance of 43 students in September.
- NZ murderer deported from Brazil Fri, 28 Nov 2014 01:16:05 GMT
- A New Zealand man serving a life sentence for child molestation and murder who escaped to Brazil has been deported to his home country.
- Huge clean-up after Brisbane storm Thu, 27 Nov 2014 23:55:37 GMT
- A huge clean-up operation is under way in Brisbane after a severe storm swept across south-east Queensland.
- Brazil legend Pele 'doing fine' Thu, 27 Nov 2014 23:45:05 GMT
- Brazil legend Pele says he is "doing fine" following treatment for a urinary infection at a Sao Paulo hospital.
- Explosion in Nigeria 'kills dozens' Thu, 27 Nov 2014 21:03:09 GMT
- At least 25 people are killed in an explosion in north-eastern Nigeria, close to the Cameroonian border, reports say.
- Yemen raid missed Western hostages Thu, 27 Nov 2014 12:41:39 GMT
- US and Yemeni troops who freed eight people held by al-Qaeda in a raid in eastern Yemen this week were looking for Western hostages who had been moved.
- Libya cafe bombed over graphic video Thu, 27 Nov 2014 15:11:32 GMT
- A fast-food restaurant in the capital Tripoli is bombed overnight after a video showing a worker defiling food in its kitchen.
- Israel 'foils Jerusalem attacks' Thu, 27 Nov 2014 13:47:19 GMT
- Israel says it has uncovered a Hamas cell in the West Bank that was planning to carry out a series of attacks in Jerusalem, including one on a stadium.
- Mitchell called PCs plebs, judge says Thu, 27 Nov 2014 18:53:06 GMT
- A judge says he is satisfied former chief whip Andrew Mitchell called police officers "plebs" as he rules against the MP in a High Court libel action.
- Crime author PD James dies aged 94 Thu, 27 Nov 2014 16:36:54 GMT
- Best-selling novelist PD James, who created crime-fighting sleuth Adam Dalgliesh, dies at the age of 94.
- Oil prices plunge after Opec meeting Thu, 27 Nov 2014 21:53:50 GMT
- Crude oil prices slump in reaction to the decision by the Opec oil producers' cartel not to cut output.
- VIDEO: Poroshenko in reform pledge Thu, 27 Nov 2014 22:51:11 GMT
- The Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has promised a programme of radical reform during an address at the opening session of the country's new parliament.
- VIDEO: Parrots find home in Caracas Thu, 27 Nov 2014 03:21:20 GMT
- Caracas, the Venezuelan capital, is notorious for its crime and pollution, but it also, somewhat strangely for a city, has a thriving population of macaws.
- VIDEO: Hail storm causes chaos in Brisbane Thu, 27 Nov 2014 17:15:18 GMT
- A powerful storm cut power to tens of thousands of homes and businesses in Brisbane, Australia, bringing "golf ball-sized" hailstones with it.