"We have talked long enough in this country about equal rights. ... It is time now to write the next chapter-and to write it in the books of law."
—Lyndon Baines Johnson (1908-73) 36th US President, Democrat
- Nigeria rivals sign peace accord Thu, 26 Mar 2015 12:35:52 GMT
- Nigeria's two main presidential candidates sign an agreement to prevent violence in tightly contested elections due on Saturday.
- Singapore advises against Lee queues Fri, 27 Mar 2015 09:14:32 GMT
- Singaporean authorities say the queue to view statesman Lee Kuan Yew lying in state is now nine hours long and urge people not to join.
- Clarkson has a job offer - in Russia Thu, 26 Mar 2015 17:08:04 GMT
- Less than 24 hours after being dropped by the BBC Jeremy Clarkson has already been offered work, in Russia.
- Flooding hits Chile desert region Thu, 26 Mar 2015 05:49:27 GMT
- Flash floods in one of the driest regions in the world - Chile's Atacama desert - leave two people dead and 24 missing, officials say.
- Shia militia 'in Tikrit pullback' Thu, 26 Mar 2015 15:48:14 GMT
- A US general says Iranian-backed Shia militia in Iraq are no longer leading the battle to recapture Tikrit from Islamic State.
- Indiana emergency for HIV 'epidemic' Thu, 26 Mar 2015 15:41:13 GMT
- The governor of Indiana has declared a public health emergency and authorised a needle exchange programme, after an HIV outbreak "reached epidemic proportions" in part of the state.
- Criminals to pay new court charge Fri, 27 Mar 2015 10:17:03 GMT
- Convicted criminals in England and Wales will have to pay up to £1,200 towards the cost of their court case under new rules, it is revealed.
- Policeman arrested over wife murder Fri, 27 Mar 2015 10:06:18 GMT
- A serving police officer is arrested on suspicion of murdering his wife at their Northampton home.
- Housing market activity 'subdued' Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:49:44 GMT
- UK housing market activity has "remained subdued", the Nationwide says, as annual house price growth slows for the seventh month in a row.
- Richard III tomb to be unveiled Fri, 27 Mar 2015 09:18:56 GMT
- The public will be able to view King Richard III's sealed tomb for the first time later when Leicester Cathedral is reopened.
- Day in pictures: 26 March 2015 Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:35:09 GMT
- Images from around the world: 26 March
- In pictures: I'm not voting because... Thu, 26 Mar 2015 04:30:52 GMT
- Denise Felkin's MA project
- Photos give insight into 1960s life Mon, 23 Mar 2015 09:52:44 GMT
- A collection of 18,000 negatives of Wales
- In pictures: Alps plane search operation resumes Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:40:50 GMT
- A search and recovery operation resumes in the southern French Alps
- In pictures: Indian soldiers during World War One Mon, 23 Mar 2015 06:48:01 GMT
- Rare photographs chronicling the lives of Indian soldiers