"Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good plays, good company, good conversation -- what are they? They are the happiest people in the world."
—William Lyon Phelps
- Yemenis seek refuge in Somalia Wed, 01 Apr 2015 18:06:57 GMT
- Dozens of Yemenis cross the Gulf of Aden to get to Djibouti and Somalia to escape fighting and Saudi air strikes, the UN refugee agency says.
- S Korea details Sewol compensation Wed, 01 Apr 2015 17:16:20 GMT
- South Korea is to pay about $380,000 (£256.000; €353,000) in compensation for each of the nearly 250 students killed in the Sewol ferry disaster.
- Nemtsov murder suspect in court plea Wed, 01 Apr 2015 17:00:59 GMT
- The main suspect in the murder of Russian opposition leader Boris Nemtsov makes an impassioned plea in court, saying he was forced into a confession.
- Bolivia minister sacked for Chile logo Wed, 01 Apr 2015 11:18:15 GMT
- Bolivia's Defence Minister Jorge Ledezma is sacked after he travelled to neighbouring Chile wearing a top with a controversial motto.
- Blast at Yemen factory 'kills 35' Wed, 01 Apr 2015 17:05:25 GMT
- At least 35 workers have been killed by a blast at a diary factory in Yemen, medics say, as Saudi-led air strikes continue against Houthi rebels.
- Strict water limits for California Wed, 01 Apr 2015 19:57:34 GMT
- The governor of California has announced the first mandatory water restrictions in the state's history after years of drought.
- Bosses' letter fuels business battle Wed, 01 Apr 2015 19:13:02 GMT
- The Conservatives welcome an "unprecedented" endorsement by 100 business leaders - as Labour pledges to tackle the "epidemic" of zero-hours contracts.
- Britons held on Turkey-Syria border Wed, 01 Apr 2015 19:40:34 GMT
- Nine British nationals have been seized by Turkish authorities after trying to illegally enter Syria, armed forces in the country say.
- Holborn fire causes mass evacuation Wed, 01 Apr 2015 21:08:57 GMT
- An electrical fire under the pavement in central London leads to some 5,000 people being evacuated from nearby buildings and a number of West End shows being cancelled.
- Heads not 'counter-terror experts' Wed, 01 Apr 2015 17:45:40 GMT
- Head teachers say they cannot be expected to "conduct surveillance" on young people, after warnings that more might travel to Syria during the school holidays.
- Election 2015 in pictures: 1 April Wed, 01 Apr 2015 16:10:12 GMT
- Images from the campaign trail: 1 April
- In pictures: Open, Youth and Mobile Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:27:38 GMT
- Open and Youth winners in Sony World Photo Awards
- Weather in pictures: 31 March Tue, 31 Mar 2015 17:33:51 GMT
- Winds batter Britain causing travel disruption
- Election 2015 in pictures: 31 March Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:33:17 GMT
- The first full day of campaigning
- No work, no football in time of Ebola Tue, 31 Mar 2015 02:44:49 GMT
- How Ebola still affects love lives and wallets