"It does not matter how many books you have, but how good the books are which you have."
—Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC?-AD 65) [The Younger] Roman Stoic philosopher, writer, tutor
- Univision cancels Sabado Gigante Fri, 17 Apr 2015 22:55:03 GMT
- Television variety show Sabado Gigante, much loved among Hispanics in the US, is to end after 53 years, network Univision announces.
- Top Iraqi militant leader 'killed' Fri, 17 Apr 2015 22:39:45 GMT
- Fugitive Iraqi militant leader Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, a former right-hand man to Saddam Hussein, has been killed, Iraqi officials say.
- Boston bomber 'shouldn't be executed' Fri, 17 Apr 2015 18:49:18 GMT
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should spend life in prison without parole, write the parents of the youngest victim of Boston marathon attack
- Son sought after double family murder Sat, 18 Apr 2015 14:38:40 GMT
- Police investigating the murders of a mother and daughter in Merseyside urgently want to trace one of their relatives.
- Miliband plans wage abuse task force Sat, 18 Apr 2015 12:51:08 GMT
- A Labour government would set up a task force to target firms who encourage low skilled migration and undermine the minimum wage, Ed Miliband says.
- CPS chief 'not told' of Janner claims Sat, 18 Apr 2015 09:38:01 GMT
- The former director of public prosecutions, Lord Macdonald QC, expresses "great regret" that he was not told of historical child abuse allegations against former Labour MP Lord Janner.
- Deepcut inquest 'stalled by police' Sat, 18 Apr 2015 10:00:13 GMT
- The family of a soldier found dead at a Surrey army barracks says police are stalling a new inquest into her death.
- Week in pictures: 11-17 April 2015 Fri, 17 Apr 2015 13:07:39 GMT
- A selection of the best news photographs from around the world, taken over the past week.
- Street fashion: Tokyo Camera Style Wed, 15 Apr 2015 20:53:31 GMT
- Film cameras spotted on the streets of Tokyo
- Election 2015 in pictures: 16 April Thu, 16 Apr 2015 15:02:29 GMT
- Images from the campaign trail: 16 April
- Bedrooms of the remembered Mon, 13 Apr 2015 19:58:00 GMT
- The untouched bedrooms of the child victims of Sewol ferry disaster
- Election 2015 in pictures: 15 April Wed, 15 Apr 2015 15:07:53 GMT
- Images from the campaign trail: 15 April
- The forgotten mosques of Delhi Mon, 13 Apr 2015 02:09:22 GMT
- Hashim Ahmad Hakeem documents the forgotten mosques of Delhi
- Election 2015 in pictures: 14 April Tue, 14 Apr 2015 16:47:01 GMT
- Images from the campaign trail: 14 April
- Your pictures: United Arab Emirates Thu, 09 Apr 2015 07:26:10 GMT
- Readers pictures from the United Arab Emirates.