"Under any conditions, anywhere, whatever you are doing, there is some ordinance under which you can be booked."
—Robert D. Sprecht
- GDP rises by 0.7% in third quarter Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:57:37 GMT
- The economy expanded at a slower pace in in the three months to 30 September following a 0.9% rise in the second quarter, the ONS said.
- Scotland to reduce drink-drive limit Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:56:19 GMT
- The Scottish government announces plans to reduce the country's drink-drive limit in time for Christmas, making the limit lower than in England.
- Day in pictures: 23 October Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:36:21 GMT
- 24 hours of news images: 23 October
- Your pictures: Steps Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:11:23 GMT
- Readers' photos on the theme of "steps"
- In pictures: Feline focus Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:05:39 GMT
- An online exhibition of cats
- In pictures: Ottawa shootings Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:03:13 GMT
- Images from outside the Canadian parliament
- In pictures: India celebrates Diwali Wed, 22 Oct 2014 22:27:42 GMT
- Indians celebrate Diwali, the biggest Hindu festival
- Day in pictures: 21 October Tue, 21 Oct 2014 11:38:53 GMT
- 24 hours of news images: 21 October
- What the floods did to Kashmir's grand heritage Mon, 20 Oct 2014 23:56:22 GMT
- What floods did to Kashmir's most treasured historic sites
- In pictures: Derry in 1969 Mon, 20 Oct 2014 05:36:19 GMT
- Battle of the Bogside in 1969 by Gilles Caron
- The day UFOs stopped play Fri, 24 Oct 2014 00:31:00 GMT
- The day UFOs stopped play - and a crowd of 10,000 gasped
- Quiz of the week's news Fri, 24 Oct 2014 00:37:27 GMT
- Why is Florida angry with Breaking Bad?
- Islamic State: Diary of life in Mosul Thu, 23 Oct 2014 23:51:21 GMT
- Mosul diary: Inside the city ruled by Islamic State
- Ukraine: Land of chaos and courage Fri, 24 Oct 2014 00:36:39 GMT
- A journey across a Ukraine wracked by conflict
- Egyptian obelisk revealed anew Fri, 24 Oct 2014 07:47:58 GMT
- Egyptian hieroglyphs are seen in a new light