"Don't join the book burners. Do not think you are going to conceal thoughts by concealing evidence that they ever existed."
—Dwight David Eisenhower (1890-1969) 34th US President, Republican
- Chinese journalist jailed over leak Fri, 17 Apr 2015 06:36:01 GMT
- China jails prominent journalist Gao Yu for seven years for leaking a confidential Communist Party strategy paper to a foreign website.
- Emotional tributes to Alps crash dead Fri, 17 Apr 2015 14:17:42 GMT
- Emotional tributes are paid to the victims of last month's Germanwings crash at a memorial service at Cologne cathedral.
- Dead fish clog Rio Olympic venue Fri, 17 Apr 2015 00:30:51 GMT
- Brazilian workers remove more than 33 tonnes of dead fish from a lagoon in Rio where Olympic rowing and canoeing events are due to take place in 2016.
- Syria attack video moves UN to tears Fri, 17 Apr 2015 15:53:51 GMT
- A video showing desperate attempts by doctors to save three children after an apparent chlorine gas attack in Syria moves UN Security Council members to tears.
- Boston parents say no death penalty Fri, 17 Apr 2015 18:49:18 GMT
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should spend life in prison without parole, write the parents of the youngest victim of Boston marathon attack
- Labour to tackle migrant wage abuse Sat, 18 Apr 2015 08:06:55 GMT
- Labour leader Ed Miliband is to announce plans for a new task force to crack down on the illegal exploitation of workers, in a speech on immigration.
- CPS 'errors' over Lord Janner claims Sat, 18 Apr 2015 08:39:26 GMT
- The former director of public prosecutions, Lord Macdonald QC, expresses "great regret" that he was not told of historical child abuse allegations against former Labour MP Lord Janner.
- UK sailors face Canada sex charge Fri, 17 Apr 2015 20:49:17 GMT
- Four members of the Royal Navy have been charged with sexual assault after an alleged incident in Nova Scotia, Canada's military police says.
- Farage to face BBC audience questions Sat, 18 Apr 2015 06:07:21 GMT
- UKIP's Nigel Farage will be among leaders to face audience questions in BBC regional election special broadcasts.
- Week in pictures: 11-17 April 2015 Fri, 17 Apr 2015 13:07:39 GMT
- A selection of the best news photographs from around the world, taken over the past week.
- Street fashion: Tokyo Camera Style Wed, 15 Apr 2015 20:53:31 GMT
- Film cameras spotted on the streets of Tokyo
- Election 2015 in pictures: 16 April Thu, 16 Apr 2015 15:02:29 GMT
- Images from the campaign trail: 16 April
- Bedrooms of the remembered Mon, 13 Apr 2015 19:58:00 GMT
- The untouched bedrooms of the child victims of Sewol ferry disaster
- Election 2015 in pictures: 15 April Wed, 15 Apr 2015 15:07:53 GMT
- Images from the campaign trail: 15 April
- The forgotten mosques of Delhi Mon, 13 Apr 2015 02:09:22 GMT
- Hashim Ahmad Hakeem documents the forgotten mosques of Delhi