"It may not seem like much, but think of the consequences. One overdue library book today, the collapse of the universe by the end of the week."
- Woolf 'unsuitable' say victim groups Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:54:53 GMT
- Victims' groups tell Home Office officials they are "unanimous" in their view that the head of an inquiry into historical child sex abuse should resign.
- Two bodies found after factory fire Fri, 31 Oct 2014 16:36:02 GMT
- Two bodies are found after blaze at fireworks factory in Stafford, UK, police say
- Warmest UK Halloween on record Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:11:49 GMT
- This year's Halloween is the warmest on record in the UK, with temperatures reaching as high as 23.5C, breaking the previous record of 20C.
- Labour win police commissioner poll Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:03:45 GMT
- Labour's Alan Billings wins the by-election for the Police and Crime Commissioner for South Yorkshire, following the resignation of Shaun Wright.
- Day in pictures: 30 October Thu, 30 Oct 2014 15:25:12 GMT
- 24 hours of news images: 30 October
- Day in pictures: 29 October Wed, 29 Oct 2014 12:07:03 GMT
- 24 hours of news images: 29 October
- Day in pictures: 28 October Tue, 28 Oct 2014 19:03:14 GMT
- 24 hours of news images: 28 October
- Bolshoi behind bars Mon, 27 Oct 2014 12:44:58 GMT
- Costumes on show at a former prison
- Day in pictures: 27 October Mon, 27 Oct 2014 14:59:55 GMT
- 24 hours of news images: 27 October
- Week in pictures: 18-24 October 2014 Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:02:34 GMT
- Top news images from 18-24 October
- Day in pictures: 23 October Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:36:21 GMT
- 24 hours of news images: 23 October
- Your pictures: Steps Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:11:23 GMT
- Readers' photos on the theme of "steps"
- The channel that's spiced up French TV Fri, 31 Oct 2014 00:06:31 GMT
- The TV station that's spiced up the French airwaves
- Quiz of the week's news Fri, 31 Oct 2014 00:05:44 GMT
- What did Robbie's wife tell him to stop singing during labour?
- How often is 'antifreeze' added to food and drink? Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:33:01 GMT
- How common is propylene glycol in food and drink?