"We know where most of the creativity, the innovation, the stuff that drives productivity lies--in the minds of those closest to the work. It's been there in front of our noses all along while we've been running around chasing robots and reading books on how to become Japanese--or at least manage like them."
—John F. Welch
- PC accused of police station assault Fri, 24 May 2013 21:37:07 GMT
- A Metropolitan Police officer is charged with assaulting a person at a north London police station.
- Your pictures: Small things Wed, 22 May 2013 13:43:45 GMT
- Readers' photos on the theme small things.
- Day in pictures: 24 May 2013 Fri, 24 May 2013 11:27:13 GMT
- Twenty-four hours of news photoss: 24 May
- In pictures: Kabul kids on wheels Thu, 23 May 2013 01:02:39 GMT
- Afghan education - through skateboarding
- In pictures: Masseurs of Mumbai Thu, 23 May 2013 01:33:23 GMT
- The male masseurs of Mumbai
- In pictures: Keeping cool in India's heat wave Wed, 22 May 2013 12:29:46 GMT
- In the grip of a scorching heat wave
- Day in pictures: 23 May 2013 Thu, 23 May 2013 11:21:15 GMT
- Twenty-four hours of news photos: 23 May
- Day in pictures: 22 May 2013 Wed, 22 May 2013 11:18:56 GMT
- Twenty-four hours of news photoss: 22 May
- In pictures: India's fading trams Mon, 20 May 2013 23:19:20 GMT
- India's last remaining tramcars
- Chaos and suspicion in Cairo mortuary Fri, 24 May 2013 23:07:08 GMT
- The mortuary that symbolises Egypt's post-revolutionary chaos
- 10 things we didn't know last week Fri, 24 May 2013 15:11:37 GMT
- Don't microwave Eccles cakes, and nine other nuggets
- How safe are US road bridges? Sat, 25 May 2013 00:35:31 GMT
- How safe are road bridges in the US?
- Viewpoint: Mars - what we've learnt in five years Sat, 25 May 2013 00:12:50 GMT
- What we have learnt from Martian probes
- Can Nawaz Sharif walk the military tightrope? Fri, 24 May 2013 23:19:14 GMT
- Will Nawaz Sharif walk the military tightrope in Pakistan?
- Why are so many Guantanamo inmates from Yemen? Fri, 24 May 2013 20:55:02 GMT
- Could Guantanamo's largest detainee group be released?