"Whenever you read a good book, it's like the author is right there, in the room, talking to you, which is why I don't like to read good books."
—Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts], Recurring Saturday Night Live comedy bit
- Mining massacre report given to Zuma Tue, 31 Mar 2015 17:48:34 GMT
- The findings of an inquiry into the killings of 34 workers at the Marikana mine in South Africa are given to President Jacob Zuma.
- Myanmar drafts ceasefire with rebels Tue, 31 Mar 2015 09:44:43 GMT
- Myanmar's President Thein Sein witnesses the signing of a draft ceasefire deal between the government and 16 rebel groups, which the UN says is "historic".
- Fatal storms hit northern Europe Tue, 31 Mar 2015 19:46:23 GMT
- Four people have been killed in gales that have battered Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and the UK.
- Peru prime minister deposed in spy row Tue, 31 Mar 2015 10:19:53 GMT
- Peruvian Prime Minister Ana Jara is sacked by Congress over allegations that the country's spy agency gathered information on thousands of Peruvians.
- Yemen 'on verge of total collapse' Tue, 31 Mar 2015 15:15:06 GMT
- The UN's human rights chief warns Yemen is "on the verge of total collapse", as Saudi-led coalition aircraft bombard Houthi rebels.
- US bill to cloak officer names fails Tue, 31 Mar 2015 14:41:24 GMT
- Arizona's governor vetoes a bill that would have required the names of officers involved in shootings to be kept secret for 60 days.
- Election fight over living standards Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:24:45 GMT
- The Conservatives and Liberal Democrats welcome pre-election figures showing growth in household incomes, but Labour says it has been the "slowest recovery for 100 years".
- Ashcroft quits the House of Lords Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:00:14 GMT
- Former Conservative Party treasurer Lord Ashcroft says he is quitting the House of Lords.
- Man 'deliberately crashed off M1' Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:53:21 GMT
- A man deliberately crashed his car off the M1 motorway to kill his wife because she wanted a divorce, a court hears.
- Former MP Joyce to stand trial Tue, 31 Mar 2015 14:48:45 GMT
- Former Falkirk MP Eric Joyce is to stand trial accused of attacking two teenagers and damaging stock at a shop in London.
- Election 2015 in pictures: 31 March Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:33:17 GMT
- The first full day of campaigning
- No work, no football in time of Ebola Tue, 31 Mar 2015 02:44:49 GMT
- How Ebola still affects love lives and wallets
- Your pictures: Docks Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:44:05 GMT
- Readers' photographs on the theme of docks.
- Election 2015 in pictures: 30 March Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:47:45 GMT
- Parliament is dissolved and the race for No 10 begins
- Week in pictures: 21-27 March 2015 Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:02:40 GMT
- A selection of the best news photographs from around the world, taken over the past week.