"Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill."
- China unveils Pakistan superhighway Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:40:14 GMT
- China's President Xi Jinping has signed a deal with Pakistan promising $46bn (£30.7bn) of investment.
- UK orders Russian to sell oil assets Mon, 20 Apr 2015 18:24:57 GMT
- Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman must sell his North Sea gas fields within six months, the UK orders.
- Venezuela 'receives $5bn from China' Mon, 20 Apr 2015 12:18:28 GMT
- Venezuela has received $5bn (£3.4bn) in Chinese funding for "development", Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro says.
- Deadly strike on Yemen arms depot Mon, 20 Apr 2015 17:34:54 GMT
- An air strike on an arms depot in Yemen's capital Sanaa causes a huge explosion, killing at least 25 people and injuring 300.
- FBI admits forensic evidence errors Mon, 20 Apr 2015 12:23:57 GMT
- The FBI admits "errors" over many years in evidence provided by its forensics lab to US courts to secure convictions, including in death penalty cases.
- Miliband: Cameron risking future of UK Tue, 21 Apr 2015 09:25:26 GMT
- Ed Miliband warns David Cameron to "take on, not talk up" the SNP as a row over its possible role in a future government intensifies.
- 'Online diet pills' inquest opens Tue, 21 Apr 2015 09:17:07 GMT
- An inquest opens into the death of a student from Shrewsbury thought to have taken "highly toxic" diet pills bought online.
- Action call over grocery pricing Tue, 21 Apr 2015 09:33:52 GMT
- Consumer body Which? demands action from regulator over "confusing and misleading" supermarket pricing.
- Wonga reports £37.3m loss for 2014 Tue, 21 Apr 2015 09:04:28 GMT
- Short-term lender Wonga made a pre-tax loss of £37.3m in 2014 amid a major overhaul of the controversial company.
- In pictures: New Order Tue, 21 Apr 2015 07:25:06 GMT
- Kevin Cummins' photographs of the Manchester band
- Tigers, fisherman and the forest Mon, 20 Apr 2015 02:25:28 GMT
- Fear of tiger attack in the Sundarbans mangrove forests
- Election 2015 in pictures: 20 April Mon, 20 Apr 2015 13:33:35 GMT
- Images from the campaign trail: 20 April
- Week in pictures: 11-17 April 2015 Fri, 17 Apr 2015 13:07:39 GMT
- News photos from around the world
- Prydferthwch y Parc // The Beauty of the Beacons Fri, 17 Apr 2015 11:26:19 GMT
- Celebrating the Brecon Beacons, granted National Park status in 1957
- Street fashion: Tokyo Camera Style Wed, 15 Apr 2015 20:53:31 GMT
- Film cameras spotted on the streets of Tokyo