"If God kills, lies, cheats, discriminates, and otherwise behaves in a manner that puts the Mafia to shame, that's Okay, he's God. He can do whatever he wants. Anyone who adheres to this philosophy has had his sense of morality, decency, justice and humaneness warped beyond recognition by the very book that is supposedly preaching the opposite."
- Helsinki 'lacks luxury hotels' Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:36:34 GMT
- Finnish capital loses out on chance to host music awards show, because there aren't enough swanky hotels for stars.
- Kenya leader signs tough security law Fri, 19 Dec 2014 15:40:03 GMT
- Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta signs into law a controversial anti-terror bill which sparked fighting between MPs in parliament on Thursday.
- Appeal against Mumbai suspect bail Fri, 19 Dec 2014 12:21:41 GMT
- A Pakistani government prosecutor says he is challenging the bail granted to a man accused of being behind the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
- Turkey issues warrant for Gulen Fri, 19 Dec 2014 20:17:08 GMT
- Turkey issues an arrest warrant for influential US-based cleric Fethullah Gulen, who is accused of organising an anti-government movement.
- Colombia Farc truce follows killings Sat, 20 Dec 2014 05:01:43 GMT
- Colombia's Farc begins an indefinite, unilateral ceasefire, hours after the army said that the left-wing rebels had killed five soldiers.
- Israel launches Gaza air strike Sat, 20 Dec 2014 06:37:58 GMT
- Israel launches an air strike on an alleged Hamas site in Gaza, in the first such action since the declaration of a truce in August.
- Plea by parents of Aurora accused Fri, 19 Dec 2014 16:19:26 GMT
- The parents of James Holmes, the man charged with killing 12 and injuring 70 in a 2012 Colorado theatre massacre, have pleaded he be spared the death penalty.
- Second arrest over off-duty PC death Sat, 20 Dec 2014 21:54:36 GMT
- A second man is arrested on suspicion of murdering off-duty police officer Neil Doyle, who died after being attacked in Liverpool on Friday.
- Caroline Flack wins Strictly title Sat, 20 Dec 2014 21:02:47 GMT
- Television presenter Caroline Flack and partner Pasha Kovalev are voted winners of Strictly Come Dancing, beating singers Frankie Bridge and Simon Webbe.
- Millions shopping on 'Panic Saturday' Sat, 20 Dec 2014 17:54:06 GMT
- UK shoppers are expected to spend a record £1.2bn buying Christmas presents and groceries on what researchers are calling "Panic Saturday".
- Cook 'gutted' to miss World Cup Sat, 20 Dec 2014 09:48:35 GMT
- Alastair Cook is "disappointed" to be left out of England's World Cup squad after Eoin Morgan is named new one-day captain.
- Day in pictures: 18 December 2014 Thu, 18 Dec 2014 14:31:09 GMT
- Images from around the world: 18 December
- Your pictures of the year 2014 Thu, 18 Dec 2014 08:52:07 GMT
- A selection of the best readers' photos
- In pictures: US-Cuban relations Wed, 17 Dec 2014 23:53:41 GMT
- Story of Cuba's relationship with the US
- Picture power: Under the dress Thu, 18 Dec 2014 00:55:37 GMT
- Actress America Ferrera red-faced