"A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest."
— (Anna) Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962) American diplomat, writer, US First Lady
- Bedtime light 'may stop cancer drug' Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:40:05 GMT
- Even dimly lit bedrooms may stop breast cancer drugs from working, according to US research.
- Shift workers 'face diabetes risk' Fri, 25 Jul 2014 00:14:23 GMT
- Type 2 diabetes is more common in people who work shifts, with effects on waistlines, hormones and sleep increasing the risk, a study suggests.
- Team Sky keen to retain Wiggins Fri, 25 Jul 2014 12:32:43 GMT
- Team Sky want to keep Sir Bradley Wiggins despite the rider's comments that he is "done" with road racing.
- Hamilton fastest in Hungary practice Fri, 25 Jul 2014 09:51:59 GMT
- Lewis Hamilton beats Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg in first practice for Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix.
- When time stood still Wed, 23 Jul 2014 16:24:31 GMT
- The story of the watch that survived Hiroshima - and its owner, who found peace through forgiveness.
- Illegal bottom injections on rise in US Wed, 23 Jul 2014 23:02:06 GMT
- In search of a rounder backside, women are turning to discount procedures that can lead to pains, disfiguration and even death.
- Ghana protests over rising prices Thu, 24 Jul 2014 22:18:16 GMT
- Thousands of workers across Ghana take to the streets to protest about the rise in the cost of living and call for petrol subsidies to be restored.
- Queen 'photo-bombs' athletes' selfie Thu, 24 Jul 2014 12:31:53 GMT
- Two Australian Commonwealth Games hockey players have a huge surprise when the Queen appears smiling in the back of their selfie.
- Russian anti-Putin activists jailed Fri, 25 Jul 2014 09:53:14 GMT
- A Moscow court jails two anti-government protest leaders - Sergei Udaltsov and Leonid Razvozzhayev - over clashes with police in May 2012.
- Charges over Mexico children's home Fri, 25 Jul 2014 01:15:20 GMT
- A Mexican federal judge charges six employees of a children's home at the heart of an abuse scandal in the city of Zamora.
- US reporter believed held in Iran Fri, 25 Jul 2014 01:02:13 GMT
- An American reporter for the Washington Post, his wife and two other US journalists appear to have been detained in Tehran, the newspaper says.
- Arizona halts executions amid review Fri, 25 Jul 2014 00:18:42 GMT
- Arizona halts executions pending a review of its death penalty procedures, after the allegedly botched lethal injection of a convicted murderer.
- UK economy back at pre-crisis level Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:06:00 GMT
- The UK economy grew 0.8% in the second quarter and has now recovered the ground lost since the downturn began in 2008, according to official figures.
- Miliband: I can't beat PM on image Fri, 25 Jul 2014 13:28:14 GMT
- Ed Miliband hits back at critics of his image and leadership style, insisting voters want "big ideas" not photo opportunities.
- Mother admits Mikaeel Kular killing Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:55:27 GMT
- The mother of three-year-old Mikaeel Kular has pleaded guilty to killing her son in Edinburgh in January.