"[Book dedication:] To myself, without whose inspired and tireless efforts this book would not have been possible."
- Facebook suffers widespread fault Tue, 27 Jan 2015 08:56:51 GMT
- Facebook says it was responsible for a fault that caused its social network, Instagram photo service and other apps to become unavailable for about 40 minutes.
- Web attacks 'growing' in volume Tue, 27 Jan 2015 13:39:32 GMT
- Hacktivists and angry gamers are becoming the main users of net attacks that knock sites offline by bombarding them with data, suggests a report
- Petty given credit on Sam Smith song Tue, 27 Jan 2015 09:35:28 GMT
- Tom Petty is given a song writing credit on Sam Smith's hit Stay With Me over the similarities to his 1989 track I Won't Back Down.
- Tate reveals BP sponsorship figures Tue, 27 Jan 2015 14:07:08 GMT
- Tate reveals oil giant BP donated £3.8m to its galleries as part of its sponsorship deal over the past 17 years.
- Planet hosts giant ring system Tue, 27 Jan 2015 13:53:58 GMT
- Astronomers say they have discovered a gigantic ring system around a distant planet - the first such structure discovered outside our Solar System.
- Near asteroid 2004 BL86 has a moon Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:32:42 GMT
- Scientists who tracked the large asteroid 2004 BL86 as it passed by Earth say it has a small satellite.
- WHO vows reform after Ebola 'shocks' Sun, 25 Jan 2015 15:01:32 GMT
- The World Health Organization sets out plans for reform, admitting it was too slow to respond to the "horrific" Ebola outbreak in West Africa.
- Dementia 'link' to common drugs Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:27:30 GMT
- A study links commonly used medicines, including over-the-counter treatments for conditions such as insomnia and hay-fever, to dementia.
- Murray into Australian Open semis Tue, 27 Jan 2015 10:40:53 GMT
- Britain's Andy Murray reaches the Australian Open semi-finals with a straight-sets win over home favourite Nick Kyrgios.
- Astana should be banned - Armstrong Tue, 27 Jan 2015 00:00:55 GMT
- Lance Armstrong is unimpressed with Brian Cookson's start as UCI boss but is sorry riders must keep answering drugs questions.
- The camera that captured readers' lives Mon, 26 Jan 2015 01:36:10 GMT
- Readers from around the world share their photographs, old and new, taken with Brownie cameras.
- Five ways an American changed how Sherlock Holmes looks and talks Mon, 26 Jan 2015 01:30:43 GMT
- A 1916 silent movie featuring Sherlock Holmes - long presumed lost - is due to have its premiere in Paris. It stars a man who changed the way we see Conan Doyle's famous sleuth forever.
- Turkmenistan 'bans black cars' Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:32:45 GMT
- Customs officials in the Central Asian country say people should buy white cars instead.
- India PM dons pinstripe 'name suit' Mon, 26 Jan 2015 11:06:21 GMT
- Pinstripes on Narendra Modi's traditional bandhgala suit were actually tiny letters spelling out his name
- Oxfam seeks post-Ebola Marshall Plan Tue, 27 Jan 2015 00:50:37 GMT
- Oxfam calls for a multi-million dollar Marshall Plan-type scheme to help West African countries worst affected by Ebola recover from the crisis.