"It is books that are a key to the wide world; if you can't do anything else, read all that you can."
- Thousands 'eligible for Ebola drugs' Wed, 20 Aug 2014 17:12:59 GMT
- Around 30,000 people could have been eligible for drugs in the current Ebola outbreak - if they had been available, a report in Nature suggests.
- Di Maria wants to leave Real Madrid Thu, 21 Aug 2014 12:19:13 GMT
- Angel Di Maria has rejected the offer of a new Real Madrid contract and wants to leave the European champions.
- Liverpool agree £16m Balotelli fee Thu, 21 Aug 2014 12:59:03 GMT
- Liverpool agree a £16m fee with Italian club AC Milan to sign former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli.
- The island that kids learn to leave Wed, 20 Aug 2014 00:26:53 GMT
- As hundreds of thousands of people leave Ireland to look for work, rural communities - such as those on Achill Island - are struggling to survive.
- VIDEO: Partition of India: My memories Tue, 19 Aug 2014 19:46:03 GMT
- In 1947, India split from Pakistan forcing millions of people to leave their homes in search of safety.
- Interpol building raided five times Thu, 21 Aug 2014 09:59:11 GMT
- Thieves make off with laptops and cameras after five burglaries in three weeks.
- Imran Khan quits Pakistan talks Thu, 21 Aug 2014 12:45:22 GMT
- Pakistan's political crisis deepens after opposition leader Imran Khan says he is quitting talks with the government until PM Nawaz Sharif resigns.
- Many Ukraine troops killed in battle Thu, 21 Aug 2014 13:25:43 GMT
- Ukraine says 19 of its troops have died in a battle near Donetsk as checks are made on Russian aid lorries at the border.
- Guatemalan top general dies in crash Wed, 20 Aug 2014 21:11:28 GMT
- The chief of the armed forces in Guatemala, General Rudy Ortiz, has died in a military helicopter crash near the border with Mexico, the Guatemalan government says.
- Iran MPs dismiss science minister Wed, 20 Aug 2014 12:53:07 GMT
- Iran's parliament votes to dismiss Science Minister Reza Faraji-Dana, dealing a blow to reformist President Hassan Rouhani.
- Attorney general meets Brown family Thu, 21 Aug 2014 01:02:13 GMT
- US Attorney General Eric Holder meets the parents of Michael Brown, the black teenager killed by police in Ferguson, Missouri last week.
- GCSE grades rise, but fall in English Thu, 21 Aug 2014 11:59:18 GMT
- Hundreds of thousands of pupils are receiving their GCSE grades, with an overall rise in results despite changes to the exam system
- Hunt on for 'UK' beheading suspect Thu, 21 Aug 2014 13:14:29 GMT
- Police and security services are trying to identify a jihadist - thought to be British - in connection with the killing of US journalist James Foley.
- BBC Sir Cliff coverage 'appropriate' Thu, 21 Aug 2014 13:40:56 GMT
- BBC "acted appropriately" in covering police search of Sir Cliff Richard's home, says director general
- No sex charges for undercover police Thu, 21 Aug 2014 13:17:08 GMT
- Several undercover police officers accused of starting relationships with women will not face sexual offence charges, prosecutors say.