"We should get into the habit of reading inspirational books, looking at inspirational pictures, hearing inspirational music, associating with inspirational friends."
—Alfred A. Montapert
- What would you ask a room of Nobel prizewinners? Thu, 05 Dec 2013 12:12:16 GMT
- Send in the questions you would like to put to this year's Nobel prize winners.
- The secret double life of a gay neo-Nazi Thu, 05 Dec 2013 06:51:10 GMT
- He was the British extreme right's most feared streetfighter. But almost right up to his death 20 years ago, Nicky Crane led a precarious dual existence.
- Uganda gives iPads to all MPs Thu, 05 Dec 2013 16:13:32 GMT
- Uganda's parliament gives iPads to all MPs at a cost of $370,000 - a move which is criticised by many people.
- India sex case judge faces no action Thu, 05 Dec 2013 18:19:59 GMT
- India's Supreme Court says that it will take no action against retired judge AK Ganguly, accused of sexual misconduct by one of his interns.
- Change EU free movement rules - UK Thu, 05 Dec 2013 10:41:50 GMT
- Britain wants to change the rules governing the free movement of people across the EU, Home Secretary Theresa May will tell European ministers.
- Mexico radioactive material found Thu, 05 Dec 2013 04:53:03 GMT
- Stolen radioactive material, cobalt-60, is found in Mexico, but officials warn the thieves may have been exposed to deadly radiation levels.
- Thousands of Eritreans 'abducted' Wed, 04 Dec 2013 18:10:50 GMT
- Up to 30,000 Eritreans have been abducted since 2007 and taken to Egypt's Sinai to suffer torture and ransom demands, new research says.
- Russian diplomats in US fraud case Thu, 05 Dec 2013 19:55:06 GMT
- Dozens of Russian diplomats spent a fortune on luxury goods and holidays in a $1.5m benefits fraud spanning almost a decade, US prosecutors say.
- Tidal surge hits UK coastal towns Fri, 06 Dec 2013 08:35:24 GMT
- Severe weather is affecting Britain, with thousands evacuated due to a tidal surge along the east coast and snow alerts in place in Scotland.
- Queen pays tribute to Nelson Mandela Fri, 06 Dec 2013 08:36:41 GMT
- The Queen says she is "deeply saddened" to learn of Nelson Mandela's death and his legacy is a peaceful South Africa.
- Key NHS operations 'being rationed' Fri, 06 Dec 2013 00:32:39 GMT
- The NHS in England appears to be rationing access to vital non-emergency hospital care, such as knee and hip replacements, a review suggests.
- House prices continue rapid rise Fri, 06 Dec 2013 08:30:41 GMT
- House prices rose by 1.1% in November compared with the previous month and were up 7.7% from a year earlier, the Halifax says.
- Nelson Mandela: A life in pictures Thu, 05 Dec 2013 22:10:16 GMT
- Pictures of the life of anti-apartheid hero
- Your pictures: Pairs Thu, 05 Dec 2013 15:05:14 GMT
- Readers' photos on the theme of pairs
- Day in pictures: 5 December 2013 Thu, 05 Dec 2013 12:42:30 GMT
- 24 hours of news photos: 5 December