"Wisdom is perishable. Unlike information or knowledge, it cannot be stored in a computer or recorded in a book. It expires with each passing generation."
- French radio station catches fire Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:08:49 GMT
- A major fire forces the evacuation of the French national radio building in Paris but there are no immediate reports of casualties.
- Newt flesh fungus 'brought by pets' Fri, 31 Oct 2014 02:00:27 GMT
- A skin-eating fungus threatens salamanders and newts across Europe, and probably arrived on pet amphibians imported from Asia.
- Rockets 'destroy chemical weapons' Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:22:15 GMT
- A team has developed micro-sized rockets, powered by seawater, that can neutralise chemical and biological weapons.
- Ebola cases 'slowing in Liberia' Wed, 29 Oct 2014 20:40:11 GMT
- The WHO says Liberia, the country hardest hit in the Ebola outbreak, has seen a decline in infections, but warns the crisis is far from over.
- Google developing a cancer detector Tue, 28 Oct 2014 17:35:15 GMT
- Google is attempting to diagnose cancers, heart attack risks and other ailments with a system that combines nanoparticles and a wrist-worn sensor.
- Hamilton fastest in America practice Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:06:28 GMT
- Lewis Hamilton sets the pace from Mercedes team-mate and title rival Nico Rosberg in first practice at the United States GP.
- Younus hits 213 as Pakistan dominate Fri, 31 Oct 2014 16:09:18 GMT
- Younus Khan records his fifth Test double century as Pakistan dominate the second and final match against Australia.
- The Leonardo hidden from Hitler in case it gave him magic powers Thu, 30 Oct 2014 00:29:32 GMT
- A self-portrait of Leonardo da Vinci is going on display in Turin - some believe it has mystical powers.
- Can you cheat your way to fitness? Wed, 29 Oct 2014 01:41:01 GMT
- Not everyone can get to the gym - but is it really possible to stay fit through everyday household activity?
- Deadly blast at Nigeria bus station Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:02:38 GMT
- An explosion at a major bus station in Gombe state in north-eastern Nigeria kills at least four people and injures 32 people, police say.
- Myanmar in rare multi-party talks Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:06:15 GMT
- Myanmar's president holds rare roundtable talks with the opposition, military and ethnic groups, as the US calls for "credible" elections next year.
- Russia-Ukraine deal secures EU gas Fri, 31 Oct 2014 01:08:33 GMT
- Russia will resume gas deliveries to Ukraine this winter in a deal brokered by the European Union, which will also safeguard supplies to EU countries.
- Colombian Farc in civilian admission Thu, 30 Oct 2014 21:43:07 GMT
- Colombia's Farc rebel group acknowledges for the first time that its actions in Latin America's longest internal conflict "affected civilians".
- Mass graves found in western Iraq Fri, 31 Oct 2014 11:29:32 GMT
- Scores of bodies of Sunni Muslim tribesmen apparently killed by Islamic State militants are found in mass graves in western Iraq.
- Charity warns US on Ebola quarantine Fri, 31 Oct 2014 04:51:34 GMT
- Charity Doctors Without Borders warns some mandatory US state Ebola quarantine measures are having a "chilling effect" on its work.