"Happy the people whose annals are blank in the history books!"
—Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881) British historian, essayist
- Nokia name row with London start-up Fri, 30 Jan 2015 16:59:13 GMT
- Nokia has threatened legal action against a UK start-up over the use of the word "HERE".
- Whitney daughter's condition unknown Sun, 01 Feb 2015 15:54:23 GMT
- Bobbi Kristina Brown, daughter of late US singer Whitney Houston, is in hospital in an unknown condition after being found unresponsive in a bath.
- Suge Knight held over LA death Fri, 30 Jan 2015 12:43:21 GMT
- Death Row Records founder Suge Knight is being held on a murder charge by police after a fatal hit-and-run incident in Los Angeles.
- Controllers banking on Philae wake-up Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:28:09 GMT
- The European Space Agency says it will conduct no more dedicated searches for its lost comet lander, and will now wait for the probe itself to call home.
- Study fells cosmic inflation claim Fri, 30 Jan 2015 20:54:50 GMT
- Scientists who claimed to have found evidence for a cosmic super-expansion at the Big Bang made no such discovery, a soon-to-be published study will say.
- Child obesity rates 'levelling off' Fri, 30 Jan 2015 00:04:14 GMT
- The rise in childhood obesity, which has left one in three children overweight, may be beginning to level off in the under-10s, a study suggests.
- Bedtime 'has huge impact on sport' Fri, 30 Jan 2015 05:28:20 GMT
- Our internal body clock has such a dramatic impact on sporting ability that it could alter the chances of Olympic gold.
- England thumped in tri-series final Sun, 01 Feb 2015 10:53:39 GMT
- England crumble to a 112-run tri-series final defeat in Perth, their last competitive match before the World Cup.
- Arsenal 5-0 Aston Villa Sun, 01 Feb 2015 15:46:56 GMT
- Arsenal move up to fifth in the Premier League courtesy of an emphatic victory over struggling Aston Villa.
- Ireland's heroine who had sex in her baby's tomb Sat, 31 Jan 2015 06:02:48 GMT
- Maud Gonne's grief over a child whose death at the age of two, inspired an unpublished poem by W B Yeats.
- The huddled masses besieging Fortress Calais Sat, 31 Jan 2015 00:14:14 GMT
- Growing numbers of migrants are descending on Calais in northern France in the hope of reaching Britain - but they end up in makeshift camps with little hope of a better life.
- Venezuela 'US reporter' ad dropped Sat, 31 Jan 2015 05:56:23 GMT
- Venezuelan TV withdraws a tourism advert which features an image of a US reporter detained while covering the 2013 elections.
- Suu Kyi's gate to be sold at auction Fri, 30 Jan 2015 13:08:09 GMT
- The metal gate of Nobel prize-winning Burmese politician Aung San Suu Kyi's house is to be auctioned, with a starting price of $200,000.
- Tunisia 1-2 Equatorial Guinea (aet) Sat, 31 Jan 2015 22:26:33 GMT
- Equatorial Guinea beat Tunisia in controversial circumstances to reach the Africa Cup of Nations semi-finals.