"Go through your phone book, call people and ask them to drive you to the airport. The ones who will drive you are your true friends. The rest aren't bad people; they're just acquaintances."
—Jay Leno American comedian/ performer/ talk show host Tonight Show
- Call for further cut in sugar intake Tue, 16 Sep 2014 00:36:50 GMT
- The target to reduce sugar consumption should be much more ambitious, health experts say.
- Peterson suspended by Vikings Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:21:55 GMT
- Minnesota Vikings suspend Adrian Peterson from all team activities while facing charges of allegedly hitting his child.
- Villa manager Lambert signs new deal Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:46:20 GMT
- Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert signs a contract extension until June 2018 following an unbeaten start to the season.
- VIDEO: Mexico's earthquake 'moles' Tue, 16 Sep 2014 23:21:36 GMT
- The aftermath of the 1985 Mexico City earthquake saw the founding of the elite rescue group Los Topos or 'The Moles'
- The church described as a 'symbol of evil' Mon, 15 Sep 2014 23:15:00 GMT
- Plans to rebuild a church that is linked to Hitler have divided Germany and sparked a row about how the country deals with its past.
- South Sudan U-turn on foreigner ban Wed, 17 Sep 2014 16:46:09 GMT
- South Sudan's government says it will not expel foreign workers, annulling a controversial decree it issued a day earlier.
- China leader Xi begins India visit Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:47:43 GMT
- China's President Xi Jinping begins his first official visit to India aiming to improve ties and boost Chinese investment.
- Swedish king unhurt after car crash Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:36:03 GMT
- Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf's car is badly damaged in a car crash, but he is not hurt, the royal palace says.
- Odile storm moves towards Arizona Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:16:04 GMT
- Tropical storm Odile is moving up Mexico's Baja California peninsula, bringing heavy rains and the threat of mudslides and flash floods.
- UN brokers Gaza reconstruction deal Wed, 17 Sep 2014 12:36:19 GMT
- A deal has been agreed by Israeli and Palestinian officials to allow building materials into Gaza for reconstruction, a top UN official says.
- US man tried to 'swim to N Korea' Wed, 17 Sep 2014 03:29:33 GMT
- South Korean authorities say they have detained an American man they believe was trying to swim to North Korea.
- Farmers call for government support Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:28:57 GMT
- Farmers urge the next government to give agriculture a boost at the 2015 election - with a list of demands to increase food production and help business.
- Child sex abuse 'was endemic in city' Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:07:37 GMT
- The sexual exploitation of teenage girls was "endemic" in Sheffield during the early 2000s, a former care home worker claims.
- Ebola trial volunteer immunised Wed, 17 Sep 2014 16:00:12 GMT
- A trial of an experimental vaccine against the Ebola virus has begun in Oxford.
- Ignore other cases, Travis jury told Wed, 17 Sep 2014 16:48:06 GMT
- Jurors in the trial of veteran DJ Dave Lee Travis should not be swayed in their decision making by other recent celebrity cases, Judge Anthony Leonard says