"Go through your phone book, call people and ask them to drive you to the airport. The ones who will drive you are your true friends. The rest aren't bad people; they're just acquaintances."
—Jay Leno American comedian/ performer/ talk show host Tonight Show
- Liberia shuts borders to curb Ebola Mon, 28 Jul 2014 14:40:50 GMT
- Most border crossings in Liberia are closed and communities hit by an Ebola outbreak face quarantine to stop the virus spreading.
- Fist bumps 'cleaner than handshakes' Mon, 28 Jul 2014 02:00:49 GMT
- Scientists at Aberystwyth University in Wales have shown that more bacteria are transferred by shaking hands, than by fist-bumping or high-fiving.
- England's Gemili takes 100m silver Mon, 28 Jul 2014 22:05:26 GMT
- England's Adam Gemili wins Commonwealth Games silver in the men's 100m, with Jamaica's Kemar Bailey-Cole taking gold.
- Bell & Buttler put England on top Mon, 28 Jul 2014 17:48:11 GMT
- Ian Bell stars with a superb 167 as England take control of the third Test against India on day two, declaring on 569-7.
- Germany's super-shy super-rich Sun, 27 Jul 2014 23:31:29 GMT
- Why do some of Germany's wealthiest families dodge the limelight and avoid conspicuous consumption?
- The people who want to be near a tornado Sat, 26 Jul 2014 22:58:37 GMT
- In the US, the number of people who chase tornados is growing - why do they put themselves in danger?
- Tripoli fuel fire 'out of control' Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:12:03 GMT
- A second fuel tank at Libya's biggest fuel storage facility is in flames as the government requests international assistance to contain the huge blaze.
- Kerry visits India to improve ties Tue, 29 Jul 2014 06:09:07 GMT
- US Secretary of State John Kerry is to begin a visit to Delhi as Washington tries to improve ties with India under its new PM Narendra Modi.
- France offers Iraq Christians asylum Mon, 28 Jul 2014 14:59:45 GMT
- France says it is ready to offer asylum to Iraqi Christians forced to flee by Islamic State militants holding the Iraqi city of Mosul.
- Hero's welcome for freed Venezuelan Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:13:58 GMT
- Venezuelan official Gen Hugo Carvajal is warmly welcomed in Caracas after his release in Aruba, where he had been arrested on drug-trafficking charges.
- Emirates to stop flying over Iraq Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:24:08 GMT
- Emirates Airline will stop flying over Iraq to protect its passengers from the threat of Islamic militants on the ground, according to reports.
- Ex-Virginia governor's trial opens Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:34:23 GMT
- Jury selection begins in the corruption trial of ex-Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell, accused of accepting loans and lavish gifts from a supporter.
- Migrant benefits to be tightened Tue, 29 Jul 2014 06:41:40 GMT
- The UK is to cut from six to three months the amount of time out-of-work EU migrants can claim benefits without realistic job prospects.
- Pause NHS privatisation - Labour Tue, 29 Jul 2014 00:13:45 GMT
- NHS privatisation is "being forced through at pace and scale", and should be halted until the general election, says Labour's shadow health secretary.
- Gold medal record for Scotland Mon, 28 Jul 2014 22:28:45 GMT
- Scotland have 13 gold medals after earlier eclipsing their record haul for Commonwealth Games.