"A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood."
- Thousands 'eligible for Ebola drugs' Wed, 20 Aug 2014 17:12:59 GMT
- Around 30,000 people could have been eligible for drugs in the current Ebola outbreak - if they had been available, a report in Nature suggests.
- Heart deaths reach 'tipping point' Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:54:31 GMT
- Parts of Europe are reaching a "tipping point" where cardiovascular disease is no longer the leading cause of death, a study shows.
- Maribor 1-1 Celtic Wed, 20 Aug 2014 20:34:14 GMT
- Callum McGregor scores an away goal as Celtic draw with NK Maribor in the first leg of their Champions League play-off.
- Barcelona transfer ban appeal fails Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:29:21 GMT
- Barcelona cannot sign players until 2016 once the current transfer window shuts, after Fifa reject their appeal over a ban.
- The island that kids learn to leave Wed, 20 Aug 2014 00:26:53 GMT
- As hundreds of thousands of people leave Ireland to look for work, rural communities - such as those on Achill Island - are struggling to survive.
- VIDEO: Partition of India: My memories Tue, 19 Aug 2014 19:46:03 GMT
- In 1947, India split from Pakistan forcing millions of people to leave their homes in search of safety.
- Fear over Somali radio closure Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:21:25 GMT
- The manager of a radio station in Somalia tells the BBC he is in hiding after the authorities took it off air, accusing it of spreading hate messages.
- Rain sparks deadly Japan landslides Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:45:30 GMT
- At least 32 people have been killed in landslides caused by heavy rain that buried houses in Japan's Hiroshima prefecture, officials say.
- Bodies found after Tornado collision Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:16:17 GMT
- Two bodies are found after Italian Tornado fighter jets collide and crash during training, while the fate of two other crew members is unknown.
- Brazilian rapist doctor rearrested Wed, 20 Aug 2014 01:22:03 GMT
- Police in Paraguay arrest a fugitive Brazilian fertility doctor, Roger Abdelmassih, convicted of sexually abusing 39 of his patients.
- Iran MPs dismiss science minister Wed, 20 Aug 2014 12:53:07 GMT
- Iran's parliament votes to dismiss Science Minister Reza Faraji-Dana, dealing a blow to reformist President Hassan Rouhani.
- Texas governor pleads not guilty Wed, 20 Aug 2014 19:05:34 GMT
- Republican Texas Governor Rick Perry pleads not guilty to charges he abused his power in an attempt to pressure a political adversary to resign.
- Beheading suspect 'probably British' Wed, 20 Aug 2014 19:54:46 GMT
- David Cameron says it looks "increasingly likely" a man thought to have been involved in a US journalist's beheading is British.
- 'Volatile' GCSE results expected Wed, 20 Aug 2014 23:46:47 GMT
- Hundreds of thousands of pupils are receiving their GCSE grades, with warnings of "shocks in store" for some schools.
- Labour in energy regulator pledge Thu, 21 Aug 2014 00:38:41 GMT
- Labour pledges to give the regulator Ofgem the power to remove energy firms' licences, if it wins the next election.