"You are the same today that you are going to be in five years from now except for two things: the people with whom you associate and the books you read."
- Sierra Leone begins Ebola lockdown Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:58:32 GMT
- A three-day curfew is under way in Sierra Leone to enable health workers to find and isolate cases of Ebola, but critics warn it will achieve little.
- Ebola health team killed in Guinea Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:58:45 GMT
- Eight members of a team trying to raise awareness about Ebola have been killed by villagers in Guinea, officials say.
- Hamilton & Rosberg 'back to normal' Sat, 20 Sep 2014 19:11:29 GMT
- Lewis Hamilton says his relationship with team-mate and title rival Nico Rosberg is "back to normal" after their Spa clash.
- Man City have point to prove - Toure Sat, 20 Sep 2014 21:27:33 GMT
- Yaya Toure says champions Manchester City have something to prove when they face league leaders Chelsea on Sunday.
- The scary element that saved the crew of Apollo 13 Fri, 19 Sep 2014 23:00:00 GMT
- Plutonium may be the most feared and fearsome substance in the entire periodic table, but it also saves lives.
- Why I'll risk my life for Ebola patients Fri, 19 Sep 2014 23:05:11 GMT
- Cokie Van Der Velde, a water and sanitation specialist, has just flown to Liberia - she explains why she decided to go to a place with the deadly virus.
- ICC summons Kenya leader to hearing Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:33:50 GMT
- The International Criminal Court orders Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta to appear on 8 October, over claims his government obstructed prosecutors.
- Philippines storm displaces 200,000 Sat, 20 Sep 2014 16:34:20 GMT
- Tropical storm Fung-Wong brings flooding, heavy rains and high winds to the Philippines, forcing some 200,000 people from their homes.
- Paratroops mark Arnhem WW2 battle Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:26:34 GMT
- Paratroops from Europe and the US are staging parachute jumps in the Netherlands to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Arnhem.
- Mexico 'leading drug lord' killed Fri, 19 Sep 2014 17:52:41 GMT
- Mexican police find the body of Aquiles Gomez, who was believed to be one of the top leaders of the Knights Templar drug cartel.
- Iran Happy dancers given 91 lashes Fri, 19 Sep 2014 09:14:36 GMT
- Six Iranians arrested for filming a video tribute to Pharrell Williams' song Happy are sentenced to 91 lashes and jail terms, their lawyer says.
- Russian jets intercepted off Alaska Fri, 19 Sep 2014 23:40:33 GMT
- Six Russian fighter jets are intercepted by American and Canadian planes off the coast of Alaska on Wednesday, US defence officials confirm.
- Miliband: 'No ifs' on Scots pledge Sun, 21 Sep 2014 09:33:35 GMT
- Ed Miliband says the 'clear' pledge of further devolution to Scotland would be fulfilled "no ifs, no buts".
- Labour makes £8 minimum wage pledge Sun, 21 Sep 2014 08:09:53 GMT
- The minimum wage would rise to £8 per hour by the end of the next parliament if Labour wins the general election, leader Ed Miliband promises.
- UK woman dead after Mexico hurricane Sun, 21 Sep 2014 03:51:16 GMT
- The body of a British woman missing since a hurricane hit the Mexican coast last weekend has been found, state prosecutors say.