"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket."
- Apple 'deeply offended' by BBC story Fri, 19 Dec 2014 14:05:38 GMT
- Apple has said it is "deeply offended" by a BBC investigation into conditions for workers involved in manufacturing its devices.
- Suspects deny 'sextorting' teenager Fri, 19 Dec 2014 16:59:53 GMT
- The BBC goes to the Philippines to investigate a rise in blackmail of people duped into taking part in explicit online chats and videos.
- VIDEO: The dog with 3D printed legs Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:34:21 GMT
- BBC Click looks at some of the week's technology highlights.
- Sony 'will not drop' N Korea film Sat, 20 Dec 2014 10:38:09 GMT
- Sony Pictures says it is looking at alternative ways to release film satire The Interview, cancelled in the wake of a cyber-attack.
- Ferguson bows out of US talk show Sat, 20 Dec 2014 16:32:26 GMT
- Scots-born comedian Craig Ferguson hosts his last edition of US talk show The Late Late Show after a run of 10 years.
- Antarctic science archive unlocked Sat, 20 Dec 2014 01:19:32 GMT
- Aerial photographs from the 1940s and 1950s are being used to probe the climate history of the Antarctic Peninsula.
- LA River's flood role is 'paramount' Fri, 19 Dec 2014 16:27:39 GMT
- Any moves to modify the concrete Los Angeles River, to return parts of it to a more natural setting or to capture water, must not compromise its flood-protection function, say scientists.
- Asthma inhalers 'not used properly' Sat, 20 Dec 2014 00:00:55 GMT
- Charities warn patients are not being taught how to use potentially life-saving asthma inhalers and allergy auto-injectors correctly.
- Stem cell scandal scientist resigns Fri, 19 Dec 2014 12:27:15 GMT
- A Japanese stem cell scientist at the heart of a scandal over false claims and fabricated research has resigned.
- Real Madrid 2-0 San Lorenzo Sat, 20 Dec 2014 21:23:25 GMT
- European champions Real Madrid beat Copa Libertadores winner San Lorenzo to win the Club World Cup and a fourth trophy of 2014.
- Barcelona 5-0 Cordoba Sat, 20 Dec 2014 17:47:51 GMT
- Luis Suarez scores his first league goal for Barcelona as they beat Cordoba to close to within a point of Real Madrid.
- Is Putin to blame for the plunging rouble? Fri, 19 Dec 2014 00:09:27 GMT
- Vladimir Putin accused the US and EU of conspiring to weaken Russia but he himself bears responsibility for the rouble crisis, writes Ben Judah.
- Should students carry guns on campus? Fri, 19 Dec 2014 01:45:08 GMT
- In light of mass shootings at schools and universities in the United States, many say the lesson is to keep campuses gun-free. A growing number of students argue if they were allowed to carry guns at college, they'd feel safer.
- Kazakh villages in guard wolf craze Wed, 17 Dec 2014 14:49:32 GMT
- Villagers in Kazakhstan are increasingly buying wolves to guard their land.
- Helsinki 'lacks luxury hotels' Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:36:34 GMT
- Finnish capital loses out on chance to host music awards show, because there aren't enough swanky hotels for stars.