"You are the same today that you are going to be in five years from now except for two things: the people with whom you associate and the books you read."
- Some statins 'raise diabetes risk' Fri, 24 May 2013 06:44:51 GMT
- Some drugs taken to protect the heart may increase the risk of developing Type-2 diabetes, according to researchers in Canada.
- Cancer cell enzymes are 'good cops' Thu, 23 May 2013 23:24:34 GMT
- Enzymes released by cancerous cells have a protective function and are not one of the 'bad guys', say researchers from the University of East Anglia.
- Tour chief sorry for 'coloured' remark Thu, 23 May 2013 20:34:46 GMT
- European Tour chief George O'Grady apologises for using the phrase "coloured athletes" while defending Sergio Garcia.
- Hughes in contention for Stoke job Thu, 23 May 2013 22:05:34 GMT
- Former QPR boss Mark Hughes emerges as a leading contender to replace Tony Pulis as Stoke City manager.
- Quiz of the week's news Fri, 24 May 2013 00:42:10 GMT
- The Magazine's weekly quiz of the news, 7 days 7 questions.
- Are people drinking too much coffee? Thu, 23 May 2013 00:58:11 GMT
- US officials are investigating the safety of caffeine in snacks and energy drinks. Is society too dependent on the world's favourite drug?
- Darfur conflict 'displaces 300,000' Thu, 23 May 2013 21:45:43 GMT
- Some 300,000 people have fled fighting in Sudan's Darfur region in the first five months of 2013, the UN's top aid official Valerie Amos warns.
- Japan PM Abe heads to Burma Fri, 24 May 2013 03:53:04 GMT
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe heads to Burma for economic talks - in the first visit by a Japanese PM since 1977.
- US man sought over Czech murders Thu, 23 May 2013 16:34:08 GMT
- Czech police are looking for a US man suspected of killing a family of four, including two ukulele musicians, in the southern city of Brno.
- Ecuador satellite space crash fears Fri, 24 May 2013 00:39:08 GMT
- Space engineers in Ecuador are trying to establish if the country's only satellite has been damaged in a crash with space debris.
- Transition plan floated for Syria Thu, 23 May 2013 16:55:47 GMT
- As Syria's main opposition coalition begins three days of key talks, its leader puts forward a transition plan for the country.
- 'Active' US hurricane season seen Fri, 24 May 2013 01:57:13 GMT
- US forecasters predict an "active or extremely active" Atlantic hurricane season of seven to 11 hurricanes, up from the average of six.
- Sex education 'must counter porn' Fri, 24 May 2013 00:53:00 GMT
- In an age when "extremely violent and sadistic imagery is two clicks away", school sex education is struggling to keep pace, suggests a study.
- Kirk approves Scottish coronations Fri, 24 May 2013 04:08:02 GMT
- The Church of Scotland's General Assembly approves a call to crown monarchs in both England and Scotland, should Scotland becomes independent.
- Boat pair killed by generator fumes Fri, 24 May 2013 02:00:35 GMT
- A mother and daughter who died after falling ill on a boat in the Lake District were killed by generator fumes, an investigation finds.