"There are men that will make you books, and turn them loose into the world, with as much dispatch as they would do a dish of fritters."
—Miguel de Cervantes (1547-1616) Spanish writer
- Doctor Who movie mooted in Sony leak Fri, 17 Apr 2015 14:03:08 GMT
- Plans for a Doctor Who movie and George Clooney's email address are among the details posted on WikiLeaks, following last year's cyber-attack on Sony Pictures.
- Han Solo in new Star Wars trailer Thu, 16 Apr 2015 22:02:51 GMT
- Star Wars fans are given a first glimpse of Han Solo in the new trailer for The Force Awakens - the first film in the new series of the sci-fi franchise.
- UK monitoring French nuclear issue Sat, 18 Apr 2015 15:01:30 GMT
- Britain's nuclear safety regulator says it expects lessons to be learned from problems with a French reactor that is very similar to one planned in the UK.
- '3D Cryosat' tracks Arctic winter ice Fri, 17 Apr 2015 12:00:03 GMT
- Although Arctic sea ice set a record this year for its lowest ever satellite-observed winter extent - that was not the case for its volume, new data reveals.
- 'Preventable rabies kills 160 per day' Fri, 17 Apr 2015 00:19:20 GMT
- More than 160 people die every day from rabies, despite it being a preventable disease, says a report by the Global Alliance for Rabies Control.
- Dementia 'halted in mice brains' Wed, 15 Apr 2015 09:58:13 GMT
- Tweaking the brain's immune system with a drug has prevented mice developing dementia, a study shows.
- Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United Sat, 18 Apr 2015 19:06:57 GMT
- Chelsea will be Premier League champions if they win their next two matches after victory over Manchester United.
- Reading 1-2 Arsenal Sat, 18 Apr 2015 19:22:58 GMT
- Alexis Sanchez scores twice as FA Cup holders Arsenal move into the 2014-15 final by beating Reading after extra time.
- Dreaming of Uighuristan Thu, 16 Apr 2015 21:02:28 GMT
- The Uighurs of Xinjiang have long fled to Central Asia to escape restrictions on their freedom at home - but now even there Uighur separatism is unwelcome.
- A rescue in the rubble of Oklahoma City Thu, 16 Apr 2015 23:57:39 GMT
- Twenty years ago a bomb ripped apart a federal building in Oklahoma. Dr David Tuggle saved the life of a trapped woman by helping to amputate her leg.
- Airline launching Star Wars plane Fri, 17 Apr 2015 06:26:19 GMT
- Star Wars plane being launched by All Nippon Airways later this year ahead of the release of The Force Awakens.
- VIDEO: Lorry full of bees overturns in US Fri, 17 Apr 2015 14:49:29 GMT
- A lorry carrying honeybees overturned in the US state of Washington, spewing bees across a motorway.
- Attack on UN Mali convoy kills two Sat, 18 Apr 2015 14:42:03 GMT
- A United Nations supply convoy is attacked near the city of Gao in northern Mali, with two civilian drivers killed.
- Chinese journalist jailed over leak Fri, 17 Apr 2015 06:36:01 GMT
- China jails prominent journalist Gao Yu for seven years for leaking a confidential Communist Party strategy paper to a foreign website.
- Russian opposition parties to unite Fri, 17 Apr 2015 22:29:39 GMT
- The political party founded by murdered Russian dissident Boris Nemtsov says it will form a loose anti-Putin alliance ahead of 2016 elections.