"Wisdom is perishable. Unlike information or knowledge, it cannot be stored in a computer or recorded in a book. It expires with each passing generation."
- Botox may have cancer fighting role Thu, 21 Aug 2014 00:18:59 GMT
- Botox injections - beloved by those seeking a wrinkle-free complexion - may help fight cancer, early animal studies suggest.
- Thousands 'eligible for Ebola drugs' Wed, 20 Aug 2014 17:12:59 GMT
- Around 30,000 people could have been eligible for drugs in the current Ebola outbreak - if they had been available, a report in Nature suggests.
- Liverpool in talks to sign Balotelli Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:03:34 GMT
- Liverpool are in talks with Italian club AC Milan to sign former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli.
- Man Utd complete £16m Rojo signing Wed, 20 Aug 2014 19:03:50 GMT
- Manchester United complete the signing of Argentina defender Marcos Rojo from Sporting Lisbon on a five-year deal.
- The island that kids learn to leave Wed, 20 Aug 2014 00:26:53 GMT
- As hundreds of thousands of people leave Ireland to look for work, rural communities - such as those on Achill Island - are struggling to survive.
- VIDEO: Partition of India: My memories Tue, 19 Aug 2014 19:46:03 GMT
- In 1947, India split from Pakistan forcing millions of people to leave their homes in search of safety.
- Fear over Somali radio closure Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:21:25 GMT
- The manager of a radio station in Somalia tells the BBC he is in hiding after the authorities took it off air, accusing it of spreading hate messages.
- Chinese cult murder trial opens Thu, 21 Aug 2014 07:47:55 GMT
- The trial of a group of cult members in China who beat a woman to death at a McDonald's restaurant opens in Yantai in Shandong province.
- Russian aid convoy gets instructions Thu, 21 Aug 2014 09:49:35 GMT
- The Red Cross instructs Russian lorry drivers at Ukraine's border so that they can deliver much-needed aid to civilians.
- Guatemalan top general dies in crash Wed, 20 Aug 2014 21:11:28 GMT
- The chief of the armed forces in Guatemala, General Rudy Ortiz, has died in a military helicopter crash near the border with Mexico, the Guatemalan government says.
- Iran MPs dismiss science minister Wed, 20 Aug 2014 12:53:07 GMT
- Iran's parliament votes to dismiss Science Minister Reza Faraji-Dana, dealing a blow to reformist President Hassan Rouhani.
- US military tried to free Foley Thu, 21 Aug 2014 04:27:02 GMT
- A US secret military mission recently tried but failed to free American hostages in Syria, including murdered reporter James Foley, US officials say.
- GCSE grades rise, but fall in English Thu, 21 Aug 2014 09:45:12 GMT
- Hundreds of thousands of pupils are receiving their GCSE grades, with an overall rise in results despite changes to the exam system
- UK hunts 'British' beheading suspect Thu, 21 Aug 2014 09:02:57 GMT
- Police and security services attempt to identify a jihadist - who is thought to be British - in connection with the beheading of US journalist James Foley.
- 21% rise in sex offences on railways Thu, 21 Aug 2014 00:59:07 GMT
- The number of sexual offences reported on Britain's railways has risen by a fifth in a year, say British Transport Police.