"A man loses contact with reality if he is not surrounded by his books."
—François Maurice Mitterrand (b. 1916) President of France
- Later sunsets 'make kids more active' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:15:39 GMT
- Moving the clocks forward by one extra hour all year could lead to children getting two more minutes of exercise every day, say UK researchers.
- 'Nine million have TB' - WHO report Wed, 22 Oct 2014 15:17:01 GMT
- The World Health Organization revises its estimate as to how many people have tuberculosis up by 500,000, in its latest report into the killer disease.
- Suarez to make Barcelona bow at Real Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:24:23 GMT
- Beale fined for picture text offence Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:27:29 GMT
- Kurtley Beale is fined £24,600 for sending an offensive picture message to an Australian Rugby Union female team official.
- How to solve brain-teasers set by a top puzzle master Fri, 24 Oct 2014 00:32:50 GMT
- The Magazine recently wrote about the late puzzle master extraordinaire, Martin Gardner, and shared some of his brain-teasers - as promised, here are the answers.
- Reclaiming the swastika Thu, 23 Oct 2014 00:03:34 GMT
- In the Western world the swastika is synonymous with fascism, but historically it was used as a symbol of good fortune in almost every culture in the world.
- Dozens monitored for Ebola in Mali Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:20:14 GMT
- Dozens of people are being monitored in Mali after the nation confirmed a two-year-old girl as its first Ebola case.
- Daniel Pearl murder suspect released Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:24:58 GMT
- One of the suspects in the murder of American journalist Daniel Pearl, beheaded in 2002, is set free by an anti-terrorism court in Pakistan.
- Spanish art gems head for UK town Thu, 23 Oct 2014 23:39:09 GMT
- A new art gallery showing major works of art from Spain's "golden age" is to open in a former bank in Bishop Auckland, County Durham.
- Governor quits over Mexico missing Fri, 24 Oct 2014 04:49:56 GMT
- The governor of Mexico's southern Guerrero state - where 43 students went missing after deadly clashes with police last month - stands down.
- 'Hold Qatar World Cup in May' Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:15:58 GMT
- Europe's biggest football clubs consider asking Fifa to hold the 2022 World Cup in May to avoid the intense summer heat.
- NY Ebola doctor's contacts sought Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:17:41 GMT
- Health officials in New York are seeking people who may have come into contact with a doctor infected with Ebola in West Africa.
- Asda faces mass action on equal pay Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:53:08 GMT
- Asda, the UK's second largest retailer, is facing a mass legal action over equal pay by women who work in their stores.
- Briton in Thai cosmetic surgery death Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:19:16 GMT
- A British woman understood to have gone to Thailand for cosmetic surgery has died in an operation, Thai officials say.
- Ashya's family 'unsafe for UK return' Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:48:47 GMT
- The family of Ashya King say they will not yet return to the UK following his treatment in Prague as they do not feel safe to do so.