"Be careful of reading health books, you might die of a misprint."
—Mark Twain (1835-1910) [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] American author, humorist
- BA owner reports soaring profits Fri, 27 Feb 2015 13:27:58 GMT
- International Airlines Group (IAG) reports a big jump in annual profits and raises its forecast for 2015 after a "remarkable" turnaround at Spanish airline Iberia.
- Cyber attacks top US threat list Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:07:36 GMT
- A US intelligence assessment of security threats faced by the country highlights cyber attacks from foreign governments and criminals.
- Google backs down over Blogger porn Fri, 27 Feb 2015 13:33:51 GMT
- Google has changed its mind about forcing sexually explicit blogs on its Blogger platform to become private.
- Harrison Ford back for Blade Runner Fri, 27 Feb 2015 10:42:10 GMT
- Harrison Ford will reprise his role as police officer Rick Deckard in the forthcoming Blade Runner sequel, it is confirmed.
- Robin Williams' daughter speaks out Fri, 27 Feb 2015 13:14:53 GMT
- Zelda Williams says there is "no point" in seeking any explanation for why the comedian took his own life last August.
- Wheat present in UK 'for 8,000 years' Fri, 27 Feb 2015 03:23:25 GMT
- Fragments of wheat DNA suggest wheat was present in Britain 8,000 years ago, long before it was grown by British farmers.
- Fungus plays 'biomusic' duet Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:52:58 GMT
- Scientists at Plymouth University play improvised pieces of music with the help of slime mould.
- 'Give HIV drugs to healthy gay men' Tue, 24 Feb 2015 21:12:20 GMT
- Healthy gay men should be offered daily HIV drugs to prevent infections, say campaigners.
- India urges calm on deadly swine flu Wed, 25 Feb 2015 21:47:00 GMT
- The Indian health minister urges the public not to panic as the number of deaths so far this year from swine flu passes 900 from 16,000 cases.
- Qatar 2022 final by 18 Dec - Blatter Fri, 27 Feb 2015 14:57:18 GMT
- Fifa president Sepp Blatter says the Qatar 2022 World Cup final should be played no later than 18 December.
- De Villiers sets record in SA win Fri, 27 Feb 2015 10:43:27 GMT
- AB de Villiers hits the fastest 150 in ODIs as South Africa condemn West Indies to a World Cup record-equalling 257-run defeat.
- 10 weird things Americans are doing in the snow Thu, 26 Feb 2015 22:24:24 GMT
- From renting an igloo to dressing as a Yeti, the record snowfall in Boston has inspired some unusual and ingenious acts.
- The girl who gets gifts from birds Wed, 25 Feb 2015 22:09:24 GMT
- Lots of people give food to the birds in their garden and get nothing in return - but when one girl feeds the crows outside her house, they show their affection with tiny presents.
- Dutch town terrorised by rogue owl Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:36:41 GMT
- Residents of the Dutch town of Purmerend are advised to take umbrellas out at night after a rogue owl leaves man requiring stitches to head wounds.
- Caucasus Fifty Shades fans evade ban Fri, 27 Feb 2015 11:54:43 GMT
- A North Caucasus city which decided not to ban Fifty Shades of Grey sees an influx of people to watch it.