"Under any conditions, anywhere, whatever you are doing, there is some ordinance under which you can be booked."
—Robert D. Sprecht
- Tearful Beckham signs off with win Sat, 18 May 2013 22:58:06 GMT
- An emotional David Beckham leaves the pitch in tears as he completes the final home match of his career as PSG beat Brest.
- Tweets of the week: IRS, Beyonce's baby and Bea Arthur Fri, 17 May 2013 21:46:57 GMT
- For the week ending 17 May, here is a look at the news making waves in America - all in 140 characters or less.
- Breast cancer: What is the risk? Fri, 17 May 2013 23:27:50 GMT
- Angelina Jolie had a mastectomy after being told there was an 87% chance she would develop breast cancer. How high is the risk for other women?
- Massacre suspect held in Ivory Coast Sat, 18 May 2013 20:57:15 GMT
- The authorities in Ivory Coast arrest militia leader Amade Oueremi, suspected of one of the worst massacres during 2011 post-election violence.
- Warner charged over Twitter comments Sun, 19 May 2013 06:16:41 GMT
- Opener David Warner charged with breaching Cricket Australia's code of behaviour over abusive Twitter posts.
- Riot mars Belgrade football derby Sat, 18 May 2013 23:13:54 GMT
- Police in the Serbian capital Belgrade make 104 arrests as rival fans of the city's Partizan and Red Star teams clash at a match.
- El Salvador gangs warn over truce Sun, 19 May 2013 00:16:24 GMT
- The leaders of the main gangs in El Salvador vow to maintain a 14-month-long truce, but say political changes threaten the peace.
- Fresh violence kills eight in Iraq Sat, 18 May 2013 13:51:31 GMT
- Fresh outbreaks of violence in Iraq have left at least eight people dead, police say, hours after the worst day of sectarian violence in the country for months.
- Lawyer denies OJ Simpson's claims Sat, 18 May 2013 01:59:05 GMT
- OJ Simpson's former lawyer rebuts claims by his former client he botched his defence in an armed robbery case.
- Google chief defends tax affairs Sun, 19 May 2013 11:04:20 GMT
- Google's executive chairman Eric Schmidt defends the company's tax affairs after it comes in for strong criticism from MPs.
- Tyler: 'I did my best at Eurovision' Sun, 19 May 2013 08:08:00 GMT
- Bonnie Tyler reflects on taking the UK to 19th place out of 26 countries at the Eurovision Song Contest, which was won by Denmark's Emmelie de Forest.
- Bank governor in Help to Buy warning Sun, 19 May 2013 10:08:14 GMT
- The outgoing Bank of England governor warns a government plan to boost the housing market with part-mortgage guarantees has no long-term place.
- Boys arrested after death at house Sun, 19 May 2013 10:43:34 GMT
- Three teenagers are arrested on suspicion of supplying drugs after a 16-year-old girl dies in Warrington.
- Week in pictures: 11-17 May 2013 Fri, 17 May 2013 15:40:43 GMT
- Some of the best news photos this week
- Day in pictures: 17 May 2013 Fri, 17 May 2013 13:30:21 GMT
- Twenty-four hours of news photos: 17 May