"A best seller was a book which somehow sold well simply because it was selling well."
—Daniel J (oseph) Boorstin (b. 1914) American Gov't Official, Librarian of Congress
- Libya threatens to bomb oil tanker Sat, 08 Mar 2014 19:39:35 GMT
- Libya's Prime Minister Ali Zeidan threatens to bomb a North Korean-flagged tanker if it tries to export oil from a rebel-controlled port.
- Sri Lanka seal Asia Cup final win Sat, 08 Mar 2014 16:25:19 GMT
- Sri Lanka beat holders Pakistan by five wickets with 22 balls remaining at the Asia Cup final in Dhaka.
- Sarkozy phone 'tapped by judges' Fri, 07 Mar 2014 15:59:19 GMT
- Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy has had his phone tapped on the orders of judges investigating alleged campaign donations from Libya, it is claimed.
- Cuba agrees to open talks with EU Thu, 06 Mar 2014 18:31:53 GMT
- Cuba accepts an EU invitation to launch negotiations aimed at restoring full bilateral relations with the European bloc.
- Beirut rally against domestic abuse Sun, 09 Mar 2014 00:54:43 GMT
- Thousands of people have marched through the streets of the Lebanese capital, Beirut, to demand politicians pass a law against domestic violence.
- US general faces assault accuser Sat, 08 Mar 2014 02:49:26 GMT
- A US Army captain weeps as she tells a court that a general made her perform oral sex on him and threatened to kill her family if she told anyone.
- Russia has miscalculated, says Hague Sun, 09 Mar 2014 10:17:29 GMT
- Russia has made a "big miscalculation" in entering Crimea, UK Foreign Secretary William Hague warns.
- Judge 'backed paedophile campaign' Sun, 09 Mar 2014 10:28:22 GMT
- High Court judge Lord Justice Fulford campaigned to support a paedophile group that tried to legalise sex with children, a newspaper claims.
- Extra £140m to repair damaged roads Sun, 09 Mar 2014 09:24:35 GMT
- An extra £140m will be made available to councils in England to repair roads damaged by the severe weather, Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin says.
- Co-op Group to boost executive pay Sun, 09 Mar 2014 03:34:13 GMT
- The troubled Co-operative Group is set to award large pay rises and bonuses to its senior staff, it emerges.
- Week in pictures: 1-7 March 2014 Fri, 07 Mar 2014 15:15:24 GMT
- Some of the best news photos this week
- Day in pictures: 7 March 2014 Fri, 07 Mar 2014 12:16:59 GMT
- 24 hours of news photos: 7 March
- In pictures: Venezuela remembers Chavez Thu, 06 Mar 2014 14:24:55 GMT
- First anniversary of President Chavez's death
- Your Pictures: Photos from Wales Wed, 05 Mar 2014 08:00:05 GMT
- A selection of photos from around Wales
- Day in pictures: 6 March 2014 Thu, 06 Mar 2014 15:18:57 GMT
- 24 hours of news photos: 6 March