"Under any conditions, anywhere, whatever you are doing, there is some ordinance under which you can be booked."
—Robert D. Sprecht
- Cancer test 'Jolie effect' found Fri, 19 Sep 2014 13:31:40 GMT
- Referrals to breast cancer clinics more than doubled in the UK after Angelina Jolie revealed last year she had had a double mastectomy, say scientists.
- Hamilton top under Singapore lights Fri, 19 Sep 2014 15:29:28 GMT
- Lewis Hamilton sets the pace in second practice at the Singapore Grand Prix as title rival Nico Rosberg is 13th fastest.
- Wembley to host Euro 2020 final Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:06:05 GMT
- Wembley will host the final and semi-finals of Euro 2020, while Hampden Park is also awarded games but Cardiff misses out.
- Kenya's Westgate attack a year on: Voices from the mall Wed, 17 Sep 2014 23:22:47 GMT
- Powerful memories still fresh after 12 months - the first terrifying hours of Kenya's deadly Westgate siege.
- The freedivers who swim with whales Tue, 16 Sep 2014 23:16:14 GMT
- A group of researchers who risk their lives to swim side-by-side with sperm whales and humpbacks are hoping to get a unique insight into the animals' behaviour.
- Pro-gay mosque opens in Cape Town Fri, 19 Sep 2014 17:07:34 GMT
- A Muslim academic opens a gay-friendly mosque in South Africa, despite receiving death threats and criticism from parts of the Muslim community.
- New Zealand votes in 'dirtiest' poll Fri, 19 Sep 2014 13:45:08 GMT
- Voters in New Zealand head to the polls after what is being called the dirtiest campaign in the nation's history.
- Catalan leader praises Scotland vote Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:29:11 GMT
- Catalonia's President Artur Mas says Scotland's independence referendum has "shown the way" for Catalonia, which will continue its bid to split from Spain.
- Vigilantes tackle post-storm looting Fri, 19 Sep 2014 00:21:03 GMT
- Vigilante groups in Mexico's Baja California Sur state set up patrols to try to stop looting in the aftermath of hurricane Odile.
- Turkey opens border to Syrian Kurds Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:20:10 GMT
- Turkey allows thousands of Syrian Kurds fleeing Islamic State to cross its southern border, as the militants close in on a strategic Syrian town.
- White House in anti sex-assault push Fri, 19 Sep 2014 17:49:16 GMT
- Actors, athletes and musicians join the White House in a public drive to prevent sexual assault on US university campuses.
- Queen urges referendum 'respect' Fri, 19 Sep 2014 17:36:28 GMT
- The Queen says she believes Scotland will unite in a "spirit of mutual respect and support" following the independence referendum.
- Redundancies at Phones 4U HQ Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:34:11 GMT
- Restructuring at the Phones 4U head office is resulting in 628 redundancies, but 887 jobs in stores will be preserved.
- Alice suspect's bike is recovered Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:06:59 GMT
- Police recover the mountain bike ridden by a convicted murderer who is wanted in connection with the disappearance of 14-year-old schoolgirl Alice Gross.
- Rotherham child services boss quits Fri, 19 Sep 2014 17:21:43 GMT
- Joyce Thacker, the director for children's services at Rotherham council, resigns in the wake of the abuse report scandal.