"We should get into the habit of reading inspirational books, looking at inspirational pictures, hearing inspirational music, associating with inspirational friends."
—Alfred A. Montapert
- Six seconds 'can transform health' Sat, 26 Jul 2014 23:46:31 GMT
- Short six-second bursts of vigorous exercise have the potential to transform the health of elderly people, say researchers.
- 'Nerve centre for appetite control' Sun, 27 Jul 2014 17:39:43 GMT
- Scientists have found a key cluster of nerve cells that can stop food consumption, according to research in mice.
- Mercedes will rethink orders - Wolff Mon, 28 Jul 2014 05:21:11 GMT
- Mercedes will rethink their race strategy after another Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg battle at the Hungarian GP.
- Pietersen signs for Melbourne Stars Mon, 28 Jul 2014 09:40:56 GMT
- Former England captain Kevin Pietersen agrees a two-year deal to play Twenty20 cricket for the Melbourne Stars.
- The people who want to be near a tornado Sat, 26 Jul 2014 22:58:37 GMT
- In the US, the number of people who chase tornados is growing - why do they put themselves in danger?
- The cellar that still holds Goering's wine Sat, 26 Jul 2014 23:02:50 GMT
- When Moldova shifted towards the EU, Russia responded by targeting its vineyards - an industry with an intriguing past.
- 'Boko Haram abductions' in Cameroon Sun, 27 Jul 2014 17:40:39 GMT
- Boko Haram militants are suspected of carrying out two high-profile abductions in Cameroon and a church bombing in northern Nigeria.
- Vans attacked in Philippine ambush Mon, 28 Jul 2014 09:55:42 GMT
- Gunmen said to be from the Abu Sayyaf militant group attack two vehicles in the southern Philippines, killing at least 18 people
- Nibali seals Tour de France win Sun, 27 Jul 2014 18:05:53 GMT
- Italy's Vincenzo Nibali wraps up his first victory in the three-week race as Marcel Kittel wins the final stage in Paris.
- 'Miners' grave' found in Bolivia Sun, 27 Jul 2014 05:17:36 GMT
- A grave containing at least 400 people is unearthed in the Bolivian city of Potosi, with the remains thought to be those of colonial-era miners.
- Isis 'may be on UN war crimes list' Sat, 26 Jul 2014 14:21:22 GMT
- Fighters from the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (Isis) may be added to a list of war crimes suspects in Syria, a UN investigator says.
- US 'will send migrant youths home' Sat, 26 Jul 2014 03:12:05 GMT
- President Obama meets Central American leaders and says undocumented immigrant children without legal claims to be in the US will be sent home.
- Rain, hail and lightning cause chaos Mon, 28 Jul 2014 10:14:20 GMT
- Lightning strikes, hail, torrential rain and flash flooding cause severe travel problems across large areas of south-east England.
- Domestic abuse law planned - Labour Mon, 28 Jul 2014 09:33:42 GMT
- Labour would bring in laws on domestic violence to prevent abusive partners avoiding prosecution, the shadow home secretary says.
- Passport workers go on strike Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:05:26 GMT
- Thousands of passport workers are striking over staffing and pay, with the government saying their action could threaten people's holidays.