"All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned--the biggest word of all--look."
—Robert (L.) Fulghum (b. 1937) American writer, author
- Test Ebola drug '100% effective' Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:00:16 GMT
- The only trial data on the experimental Ebola drug ZMapp shows it is 100% effective in monkey studies, even in later stages of the infection.
- Plain packs 'no illegal smoking link' Fri, 29 Aug 2014 00:15:39 GMT
- A study of smokers in Australia suggests there is "no evidence" that the introduction of standardised cigarette packaging has changed the way people buy cigarettes.
- India beat England to take 2-0 lead Sat, 30 Aug 2014 16:56:27 GMT
- India beat England by six wickets at Trent Bridge to take a 2-0 lead in the one-day series with two games left.
- Manchester City 0-1 Stoke City Sat, 30 Aug 2014 17:22:26 GMT
- Mame Biram Diouf's superb solo strike gives Stoke City a shock victory over Manchester City at a stunned Etihad Stadium.
- VIDEO: California's new gold rush Fri, 29 Aug 2014 00:02:13 GMT
- In The New Forty-Niners, photographer Sarina Finkelstein documents a new wave of gold seekers in California, more than 160 years after the Gold Rush.
- Visiting a Kurdish capital in the US Fri, 29 Aug 2014 00:13:44 GMT
- In Nashville, Kurdish immigrants have built a lively community. Monica Campbell took a tour with a local resident.
- Senegal confirms first Ebola case Fri, 29 Aug 2014 20:28:21 GMT
- Senegal's health ministry confirms a first case of Ebola, making it the fifth West African country now affected by the outbreak.
- Malaysia Airlines to cut 6,000 staff Fri, 29 Aug 2014 10:31:24 GMT
- Malaysia Airlines is to cut 6,000 staff as part of recovery plan after being hit by two air disasters this year.
- VIDEO: 'Ukraine close to point of no return' Sat, 30 Aug 2014 17:46:36 GMT
- Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has said that "we are very close to the point of no return, which is full scale war" with Russia.
- Ecuador to bring in digital currency Fri, 29 Aug 2014 23:44:45 GMT
- Ecuador says it will introduce the world's first digital currency issued by a central bank and it will go into circulation in December.
- Egypt Brotherhood death sentence cut Sat, 30 Aug 2014 14:34:36 GMT
- The head of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood has one death sentence commuted to life in prison, but still faces another death penalty.
- US steps up sanctions over Iran Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:54:03 GMT
- The US has imposed new sanctions on companies and individuals in connection with Iran's nuclear programme.
- Arrest warrant for Ashya parents Sat, 30 Aug 2014 17:44:35 GMT
- A European arrest warrant is issued for the parents of a five-year-old boy with a brain tumour, missing from hospital since Thursday.
- Abuse inquiry 'delayed too long' Sat, 30 Aug 2014 15:12:01 GMT
- A government inquiry into child abuse "needs to get moving" in the light of the "devastating" Rotherham scandal, Labour leader Ed Miliband says.
- MH17 crash: Briton's body identified Sat, 30 Aug 2014 09:20:24 GMT
- The Foreign Office confirms the body of John Alder, one of 10 Britons killed in the Malaysia Airlines crash, has been identified.