"It does not matter how many books you have, but how good the books are which you have."
—Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC?-AD 65) [The Younger] Roman Stoic philosopher, writer, tutor
- VIDEO: Rodriguez hugs fan who invades pitch Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:59:53 GMT
- Colombian football star James Rodriguez hugged a fan who invaded the pitch as he was presented as a new player for Real Madrid.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Wed, 23 Jul 2014 04:40:03 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Norway: 20-hour Ramadan fast ‘tough’ Tue, 22 Jul 2014 23:16:17 GMT
- In Norway, where the days can be 20 hours long in the summer, fasting during Ramadan is a particular challenge.
- VIDEO: Concordia to be towed to Genoa Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:18:25 GMT
- The wrecked Italian cruise ship Costa Concordia will be towed to its home port Genoa, where it will then be scrapped.
- VIDEO: Madrid fans joy at Rodriguez signing Wed, 23 Jul 2014 02:52:04 GMT
- Real Madrid have signed World Cup Golden Boot winner James Rodriguez from French league club Monaco.
- VIDEO: Gaza: Why Rafah crossing matters Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:08:53 GMT
- Lyse Doucet reports on the hardship of life in Gaza and the importance of Rafah Crossing, on the Gaza Egypt border.
- White flags stump New York police Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:26:09 GMT
- Authorities in New York are investigating who raised two large white flags on the towers of the Brooklyn Bridge early on Tuesday.
- Video teasing North Korean leader goes viral Tue, 22 Jul 2014 18:58:51 GMT
- Millions watch video poking fun at Kim Jong-un.
- China detains five over meat scandal Wed, 23 Jul 2014 06:55:35 GMT
- China detains five people as part of its probe into a firm that allegedly supplied out of date meat to fast food chains, including McDonald's and KFC.
- Apple earnings up on iPhone sales Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:16:34 GMT
- Apple reports quarterly profits of $7.75bn up 12%, helped by strong sales of its iPhone.
- Electronic Arts earnings surge 51% Wed, 23 Jul 2014 01:31:33 GMT
- US video game publisher Electronic Arts reports a 51% jump in profit for the April-to-June quarter, boosted by strong sales of titles like Titanfall and FIFA 2014.
- YouTube star sued in copyright case Tue, 22 Jul 2014 12:58:38 GMT
- The entrepreneur is being taken to court for alleged copyright infringement by a record label whose own artist Kaskade has come forward to defend her.
- Reporter 'made error' at crash site Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:44:53 GMT
- Sky News reporter Colin Brazier admits he was wrong to handle victims' belongings at the MH17 crash site in Ukraine.
- British films to premiere at Toronto Tue, 22 Jul 2014 17:07:47 GMT
- A trio of major British films are to receive their world premieres at this year's Toronto Film Festival, including Stephen Hawking biopic The Theory of Everything.
- Beef's greater environment burden Mon, 21 Jul 2014 19:08:53 GMT
- A new study says the production of beef is around 10 times more damaging to the environment than any other form of livestock.