"In politics I am growing indifferent -- I would like it, if I could now return to my planting and books at home."
- VIDEO: India 'looking strong' in World Cup Mon, 23 Mar 2015 12:46:24 GMT
- India have looked very impressive in the cricket World Cup, and cricket columnist Ayaz Memon has been speaking to the BBC in Mumbai on their chances of winning the tournament.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Sat, 28 Mar 2015 00:22:44 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Yemen 'on the brink' of civil war Mon, 23 Mar 2015 08:10:44 GMT
- The United Nations envoy to Yemen has warned that the country could slide into prolonged conflict like Iraq, Syria or Libya.
- VIDEO: Bringing a giant puppet eagle to life Sun, 22 Mar 2015 22:33:05 GMT
- BBC News meets the makers of the giant puppets of Spanish Theatre Company Carros de Foc.
- VIDEO: Londonderry fire temple to peace Sun, 22 Mar 2015 01:48:57 GMT
- A huge temple that overlooked Londonderry for the past week has been burnt down as a gesture of letting go of the past and looking to the future.
- VIDEO: New Orleans airport attacker dies Sun, 22 Mar 2015 04:15:14 GMT
- A man who was shot by police as he tried to storm a checkpoint at New Orleans international airport on Friday dies from his injuries.
- VIDEO: Can we design for better living? Sat, 28 Mar 2015 00:43:02 GMT
- Will Gompertz looks at some of the latest cutting edge designs shortlisted for the Designs of the Year award.
- Putin still in fashion 15 years on Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:15:12 GMT
- Fifteen years after his election, Vladimir Putin's popularity in Russia is undeniable, says the BBC's Sarah Rainsford in Moscow.
- Is it possible to end global poverty? Fri, 27 Mar 2015 09:29:26 GMT
- The UN is expected to adopt the World Bank's ambitious target of ending extreme poverty by 2030. Could we really see the end of poverty within a generation?
- Germanwings crash: Counting the cost Fri, 27 Mar 2015 17:24:24 GMT
- Is the airline legally obliged to compensate the families of the victims for their loss?
- VIDEO: Animation reveals changing Nigeria Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:33:47 GMT
- An animation looks at how much Nigeria has changed since the end of military rule in 1999.
- Lifeless Uzbek election hides power struggle Fri, 27 Mar 2015 07:47:26 GMT
- Huge crowds honouring a deceased Islamic scholar in Uzbekistan were in marked contrast to a lifeless campaign for this weekend's one-horse presidential election, writes Johannes Dell.
- Dark matter flits through collisions Thu, 26 Mar 2015 20:31:03 GMT
- A long-running study shows dark matter coasts unscathed through galactic collisions, betraying a ghostly lack of interaction with the known Universe.
- Zayn Malik says 'I've let fans down' Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:55:27 GMT
- The former One Direction star Zayn Malik reveals in his first interview since quitting the boyband that "I've let the fans down".
- Apple boss criticises 'anti-gay' law Fri, 27 Mar 2015 20:06:53 GMT
- Tim Cook criticises a 'religious freedom law' in the US state of Indiana, which it is argued could allow companies to discriminate against gay and lesbian customers.