"You are the same today that you are going to be in five years from now except for two things: the people with whom you associate and the books you read."
- VIDEO: Is this the home and office of 2023? Fri, 13 Dec 2013 00:26:36 GMT
- How Microsoft envisages what life could be like in 10 years time.
- VIDEO: Hobbit films lift New Zealand firms Fri, 13 Dec 2013 09:08:42 GMT
- As the latest film in the Hobbit film trilogy is released, Ashleigh Nghiem reports the series has raised the profile of New Zealand and its businesses.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Fri, 13 Dec 2013 01:52:25 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Syrian refugees hit by Lebanon storm Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:42:11 GMT
- The UN says it is "extremely concerned" for Syrian refugees in Lebanon as a fierce winter storm bears down.
- VIDEO: N Korea leader's uncle executed Fri, 13 Dec 2013 05:11:13 GMT
- The once-powerful uncle of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has been executed after being purged for corruption, state news agency KCNA reports.
- VIDEO: Ireland to exit bailout programme Fri, 13 Dec 2013 07:55:53 GMT
- Ireland is to become the first bailed-out country in the Eurozone to officially exit its international financial rescue programme.
- VIDEO: Snowfall continues in parts of Middle East Thu, 12 Dec 2013 16:28:10 GMT
- Snow has fallen in Bethlehem outside the Church of the Nativity while Jerusalem grinds to a halt.
- Irish bailout exit 'just one step' Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:48:40 GMT
- The Irish Republic's exit from its bailout rescue is a "milestone" but not the end of the road, the country's finance minister says.
- Peugeot shares fall on GM share sale Fri, 13 Dec 2013 09:51:41 GMT
- Shares in PSA Peugeot Citroen fall more than 11% after General Motors sells the 7% stake in the French carmaker that it bought last year.
- Twitter scraps blocking changes Fri, 13 Dec 2013 07:34:52 GMT
- Twitter backtracks on changes it made to how people block abusive users, less than a day after they were introduced.
- Ex-Google lawyer made US patent boss Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:12:59 GMT
- Google's former top patent lawyer has been put in charge of America's patent and trademark office (USPTO).
- Beatles rarities to be released Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:30:04 GMT
- The Beatles are to release 59 rare and unheard recordings in a bid to stop copyright protection expiring.
- Whitehall named 'king of comedy' Fri, 13 Dec 2013 10:41:02 GMT
- Jack Whitehall, Miranda Hart and Paul Whitehouse are among the big winners at the British Comedy Awards.
- Data to expose 'sleeping ice giant' Fri, 13 Dec 2013 07:56:19 GMT
- Scientists have finally begun mapping one of the least explored regions of Antarctica - the Recovery Catchment.
- Jupiter moon spouts water into space Thu, 12 Dec 2013 16:03:26 GMT
- Giant plumes of water may be spouting from Jupiter's icy moon Europa - one of the likeliest places to find alien life in the Solar System.