"Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good plays, good company, good conversation -- what are they? They are the happiest people in the world."
—William Lyon Phelps
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Sun, 01 Mar 2015 05:55:20 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Modi's budget: Business reaction Sat, 28 Feb 2015 19:48:16 GMT
- India Business Report's Shilpa Kannan gauges business reaction to Narendra Modi's first budget at the Confederation of Indian Industry in Delhi.
- VIDEO: Israeli and Iranian musicians in harmony Fri, 27 Feb 2015 00:10:32 GMT
- Iranian harpsichord player Mahan Esfahani and Israeli mandolin player Avi Avital talk about how a mutual love of Bach brought them together.
- VIDEO: Kanye West in tears over mentor teacher Fri, 27 Feb 2015 14:28:47 GMT
- Singer Kanye West got emotional talking about his former fashion design teacher, Louise Wilson, who died last year.
- VIDEO: Is 2015 the year of 'eye-tracking'? Fri, 27 Feb 2015 11:09:26 GMT
- The BBC's Richard Taylor looks at "eye-tracking" technology which could be used in gaming, entertainment and healthcare, and asks if it could go mainstream.
- Nemtsov killing polarises Russian society Sat, 28 Feb 2015 12:26:24 GMT
- Both government and opposition in Russia are coming up with theories about the killing of Putin critic Boris Nemtsov, but it could be years before it becomes clear why it happened, says the BBC's Artyom Liss.
- IS using love as a recruitment tool Sat, 28 Feb 2015 02:03:42 GMT
- IS needs women to build a state, says Razia Iqbal - and it is using social media to lure impressionable recruits.
- Campaignspotting: BBC's 2016 blog Sat, 28 Feb 2015 14:23:18 GMT
- It may be almost a year before voting begins, but the race for the US presidency is already heating up.
- The rise of Yemen's Houthi rebels Sat, 28 Feb 2015 10:11:06 GMT
- Ansar Allah, or the Houthi movement, began as a defence of the Zaidi religious tradition but experienced several major transformations in arriving at its current dominance of Yemeni politics, Charles Schmitz writes.
- VIDEO: Why is IS smashing statues in Iraq? Fri, 27 Feb 2015 12:29:18 GMT
- The Islamic State (IS) group has released a video appearing to show the destruction of statues in Iraq. Why is it doing this?
- Cage: Rights group or terror apologists? Fri, 27 Feb 2015 18:57:31 GMT
- As details emerge about the identity of "Jihadi John"' what do we know about the advocacy group that was in close contact with Mohammed Emwazi in the two years before he left for Syria?
- Nyong'o stolen dress 'recovered' Sat, 28 Feb 2015 08:02:38 GMT
- A dress "resembling" the $150,000 (£97,000) outfit worn by Lupita Nyong'o at this year's Oscars has been found, Los Angeles police say.
- Caucasus Fifty Shades fans evade ban Fri, 27 Feb 2015 11:54:43 GMT
- A North Caucasus city which decided not to ban Fifty Shades of Grey sees an influx of people to watch it.
- India budget to boost investment Sat, 28 Feb 2015 08:25:36 GMT
- Indian PM Narendra Modi's government unveils a business-friendly budget aimed at attracting greater investment for the economy.
- US growth revised down to 2.2% Fri, 27 Feb 2015 21:43:50 GMT
- The slowdown in the US economy at the end of last year was more pronounced than previously thought, official figures show.