"Each time we re-read a book we get more out of it because we put more into it; a different person is reading it, and therefore it is a different book."
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Thu, 28 Aug 2014 09:39:20 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Brad and Angelina marry in France Thu, 28 Aug 2014 14:49:55 GMT
- Hollywood stars Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have married in France, a spokesman confirms.
- VIDEO: Song of a four-storey 'earth harp' Fri, 29 Aug 2014 00:31:30 GMT
- William Close is the inventor of the 'Earth Harp', a musical instrument which makes use of the architecture around it to create its sound.
- VIDEO: Roman ruins uncovered in Somerset Thu, 28 Aug 2014 14:24:35 GMT
- Archaeologists are studying Roman ruins, including a bath house, that have been discovered on the site of a new bypass in Somerset.
- VIDEO: Litter bug mountaineers 'must recycle' Wed, 27 Aug 2014 23:01:55 GMT
- Over the decades tonnes of disposed tents, spent oxygen cylinders and bottles have been left behind on Mount Everest by people trying to scale it. Now authorities are urging them to bring the waste back down with them to recycle it.
- Thirty gold bars buried on beach Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:30:56 GMT
- A gold-rush starts at a beach in Kent where a German artist buried £10,000 worth of bullion as part of an arts festival.
- VIDEO: Close shave for Shaun the sheep Thu, 28 Aug 2014 12:31:50 GMT
- A sheep called Shaun has been shorn for the first time in his life and his fleece has weighed in at a huge 23 kilograms.
- Malaysia Airlines expects more losses Thu, 28 Aug 2014 15:27:31 GMT
- Malaysia Airlines says the full financial impact of the two tragedies to hit the company will be seen in the second half of the year.
- EU widens aid to dairy exporters Thu, 28 Aug 2014 12:46:22 GMT
- The EU announces emergency help for dairy producers hit by the Russian ban on food imports from the EU.
- 'Fashionable' smartwatches announced Thu, 28 Aug 2014 11:51:08 GMT
- South Korean tech firms LG and Samsung have announced more smartwatches, ahead of a widely anticipated entry to the sector from Apple.
- VIDEO: 'White space' internet developed Wed, 27 Aug 2014 23:18:01 GMT
- David Grossman reports from the Isle of Wight, on the "white space" which could help remote areas access fast broadband.
- Diana's Bake Off exit announced Thu, 28 Aug 2014 23:10:08 GMT
- Great British Bake Off contestant Diana Beard has left the show, but the BBC says her exit was due to illness, not a controversy over the latest episode.
- US film-maker William Greaves dies Thu, 28 Aug 2014 10:45:42 GMT
- The US film-maker and Emmy-winning journalist, William Greaves, has died in New York at the age of 87.
- DNA tells story of Arctic peopling Thu, 28 Aug 2014 18:52:20 GMT
- A study of genetic sequences sheds light on the settling of the North American Arctic, from ancient "Paleo-Eskimos" to the modern-day Inuit.
- Genetic clues to spread of Ebola Thu, 28 Aug 2014 18:00:20 GMT
- Scientists have tracked the spread of Ebola in West Africa, revealing genetic clues to the course of the outbreak.