"During the Depression, or back when we were fighting Hitler, people didn't have time to sue a company if the coffee was too hot. There were urgent, pressing problems. If you think you have it tough, read history books."
—Bill Maher Comedian, commentator
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:16:24 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Could you beat Usain Bolt in a race? Tue, 22 Jul 2014 08:06:48 GMT
- Engineers are making it possible for spectators to race against the world's fastest man.
- VIDEO: Clashes go on amid Israeli funerals Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:49:10 GMT
- Israel's defence minister says that the offensive in Gaza will continue 'as long as necessary to stop the Hamas rocket attacks.
- VIDEO: Graffiti revitalises Miami neighbourhood Mon, 21 Jul 2014 23:01:20 GMT
- Miami's Wynwood Arts District invited graffiti artists from around the world to paint the walls. Restaurants, design shops and co-working spaces soon followed.
- VIDEO: Birthday celebrations for Prince George Tue, 22 Jul 2014 06:01:06 GMT
- Prince George celebrates his first birthday on Tuesday and to mark the occasion two new pictures have been released by Kensington Palace.
- Indigenous actor joins Neighbours Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:26:43 GMT
- Australian soap Neighbours casts an indigenous actor in a leading role for the first time.
- Sea turtle migrates 2,472 miles Mon, 21 Jul 2014 12:01:01 GMT
- A green sea turtle migrated a staggering 3,979 km (2,472 miles) in a year, according to Swansea University researchers.
- Yahoo buys app analytics firm Flurry Tue, 22 Jul 2014 01:03:34 GMT
- Yahoo acquires an app analytics firm, Flurry, in an attempt to help boost its advertising revenue from smartphones.
- Saudi market to open to foreigners Tue, 22 Jul 2014 11:47:39 GMT
- Saudi Arabia's stock market is to open up to foreign investors for the first time, the country announces.
- YouTube star sued over copyright Tue, 22 Jul 2014 12:58:38 GMT
- The entrepreneur is being taken to court for alleged copyright infringement by a record label whose own artist Kaskade has come forward to defend her.
- Xiaomi shows off phone and wristband Tue, 22 Jul 2014 11:36:11 GMT
- China's fast-growing Xiaomi unveils a new flagship handset and $13 wristband - both of which are cheaper than similar models from other brands.
- Reporter 'made error' at crash site Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:44:53 GMT
- Sky News reporter Colin Brazier admits he was wrong to handle victims' belongings at the MH17 crash site in Ukraine.
- Conflict forces TV show from Israel Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:30:58 GMT
- US TV drama Tyrant stops filming in the Israeli city of Tel Aviv due to the current conflict in Gaza.
- Beef's greater environment burden Mon, 21 Jul 2014 19:08:53 GMT
- A new study says the production of beef is around 10 times more damaging to the environment than any other form of livestock.
- Kepler sees world with distant orbit Tue, 22 Jul 2014 11:04:54 GMT
- The Kepler Space Telescope has spotted a distant world with the longest year of any planet in the mission's inventory.