- VIDEO: Investigation into US 'pumpkin riot' Mon, 20 Oct 2014 10:26:17 GMT
- An annual pumpkin festival in Keene, New Hampshire, turned violent as the event descended into a night of rioting.
- VIDEO: Women break mass skydive record Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:21:05 GMT
- The record for the largest all-female skydive formation has been broken by 117 women in California.
- VIDEO: Mobile screens to help the short sighted Mon, 20 Oct 2014 01:50:31 GMT
- Scientists at MIT are working on trying to create "superhuman vision".
- VIDEO: Ebola survivors’ blood 'saving lives' Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:21:11 GMT
- Blood from survivors of the Ebola virus is being used to treat patients suffering from the disease.
- VIDEO: Big league for gamers in Seoul Mon, 20 Oct 2014 07:21:47 GMT
- Tens of thousands of fans turn out to watch competitors play each other at the League of Legends World Championship in Seoul, South Korea.
- China says no to Dumbledore Mon, 20 Oct 2014 09:59:17 GMT
- Chinese state media urge citizens to think carefully when choosing an English name.
- VIDEO: Robot dragon versus giant spider Mon, 20 Oct 2014 06:09:32 GMT
- Two mythical creatures, a giant spider and a huge dragon, have faced one another in battle at Beijing's Olympic Park.
- China growth slows to five-year low Tue, 21 Oct 2014 04:20:21 GMT
- China's economy grows at its slowest pace since the global financial crisis, causing speculation the government may introduce more stimulus measures.
- Apple's iPhone sales boost earnings Mon, 20 Oct 2014 21:32:40 GMT
- Apple reports third-quarter earnings of $8.47bn (£5.24bn), beating analysts' expectations, helped by sales of its new iPhone models.
- Google changes 'to fight piracy' Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:16:27 GMT
- Google announces changes to its search engine in an attempt to curb online piracy.
- Anonymising router project shut down Mon, 20 Oct 2014 10:15:34 GMT
- A plan to raise cash to make a router that hides what people do online has been suspended after questions were raised about the project.
- Actress Lynda Bellingham dies at 66 Mon, 20 Oct 2014 14:35:39 GMT
- Tributes are paid to British actress and TV presenter Lynda Bellingham, who has died at the age of 66 after suffering colon cancer.
- Baker Street saxophone player dies Tue, 21 Oct 2014 07:05:13 GMT
- The musician behind one of the most recognisable saxophone solos - on Gerry Rafferty's hit Baker Street - has died, it is announced.
- African solar plan to power UK homes Mon, 20 Oct 2014 06:33:33 GMT
- Investors are seeking funding from the UK government for an ambitious plan to import solar energy generated in North Africa.
- Europe 'will fail to protect climate' Mon, 20 Oct 2014 11:05:35 GMT
- IPCC expert says EU's plan consigns future leaders to “extraordinary and unprecedented” CO2 cuts.