"A bad book about the love of God remains a bad book."
—Thomas Merton (1915-68) American religious writer The Seven Story Mountain, No Man Is an Island
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Mon, 26 Jan 2015 21:59:17 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Man interrupts woman bishop ceremony Mon, 26 Jan 2015 12:21:29 GMT
- A man has interrupted a ceremony consecrating the Church of England's first female bishop, saying 'it was not in the Bible'.
- VIDEO: Badminton hero on doping claim Sun, 25 Jan 2015 23:10:50 GMT
- Malaysia's national hero, Lee Chong Wei, says he will retire from the sport of badminton if he is given a two-year suspension for allegedly doping.
- VIDEO: 'I lost a week': UK Ebola nurse Sat, 24 Jan 2015 18:00:03 GMT
- The first Briton to be diagnosed with Ebola in the UK has been given the all clear and discharged from hospital.
- VIDEO: Baseball's unhealthy habit Sun, 25 Jan 2015 03:13:11 GMT
- Greater efforts are being put into ridding US baseball of the tradition of chewing tobacco which has been linked to cancer deaths.
- Why aren't markets panicking about Greece? Mon, 26 Jan 2015 09:29:31 GMT
- Will Syriza succeed in persuading its eurozone and IMF creditors to write off some of their huge debts, or will it be forced to leave the currency union?
- Election that is impossible to call Mon, 26 Jan 2015 04:18:03 GMT
- The 2015 general election will be unlike any other - and is close to impossible to predict, says David Cowling.
- Is there a diversity dividend? Sun, 25 Jan 2015 11:25:26 GMT
- Studies have shown that diversity in the workplace leads to higher revenues and dividends, but there are still road-blocks on the route to achieving a more balanced labour force.
- VIDEO: Alexis Tsipras: Profile in 45 seconds Mon, 26 Jan 2015 12:27:36 GMT
- Greece will have a new leader after radical left-wing party Syriza won the general election - but who is Alexis Tsipras?
- VIDEO: Greek elections: What next? Mon, 26 Jan 2015 16:38:01 GMT
- A closer look at the Greek elections and what the result means for the country.
- VIDEO: How was Malaysia Airlines 'hacked'? Mon, 26 Jan 2015 14:43:13 GMT
- The website for Malaysia Airlines was rendered inaccessible thanks to a cyber-attack. But how did it happen? BBC technology reporter Dave Lee explains.
- India PM dons pinstripe 'name suit' Mon, 26 Jan 2015 11:06:21 GMT
- Pinstripes on Narendra Modi's traditional bandhgala suit were actually tiny letters spelling out his name
- Australia to knight Prince Philip Mon, 26 Jan 2015 06:35:43 GMT
- Prime Minister Tony Abbott uses Australia Day to announce a knighthood for Prince Philip, sparking criticism from lawmakers.
- Microsoft quarterly profits fall Mon, 26 Jan 2015 22:26:39 GMT
- Microsoft reports falling profits but sales were helped by strong Xbox sales over the holiday season.
- Mattel boss resigns on sales slide Mon, 26 Jan 2015 15:55:30 GMT
- Mattel removes chief executive as Barbie falls out of favour, sending sales in the crucial Christmas season down 6%.