"Wisdom is perishable. Unlike information or knowledge, it cannot be stored in a computer or recorded in a book. It expires with each passing generation."
- VIDEO: First Italian woman arrives at ISS Mon, 24 Nov 2014 06:50:01 GMT
- Italy's first female astronaut has arrived at the International Space Station.
- VIDEO: Ferguson decision: A timeline of events Fri, 21 Nov 2014 00:24:02 GMT
- Protesters and police in Ferguson are all part of a tense waiting game, wondering if a police officer will be indicted for the death of Michael Brown. A look at the events that lead to these circumstances
- VIDEO: Sir Jackie Stewart: 'A great victory' Sun, 23 Nov 2014 17:14:03 GMT
- Formula One racing legend Sir Jackie Stewart hails Lewis Hamilton's world championship win in Abu Dhabi as "a great victory".
- VIDEO: Knox-Johnston 'not abandoning sailing' Sun, 23 Nov 2014 18:25:58 GMT
- Veteran sailor Sir Robin Knox-Johnston praises the "warm and friendly" reception he received after claiming third place in his class of the singlehanded transatlantic Route du Rhum race.
- VIDEO: England's blind cricket World Cup bid Sun, 23 Nov 2014 08:55:30 GMT
- England's visually-impaired team who are preparing to take part in the fourth blind cricket World Cup later this week.
- French fight for economic reputation Mon, 24 Nov 2014 01:36:49 GMT
- Stung by criticism from abroad, leading figures in the French government have launched a PR blitz in defence of their country, says Hugh Schofield.
- Why a Muslim woman is BJP's face in Kashmir Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:58:20 GMT
- India's ruling BJP is making a serious attempt to win power in state elections in Jammu and Kashmir, reports Sanjoy Majumder.
- Military force: Not the way to win? Sat, 22 Nov 2014 03:18:04 GMT
- The nature of war has changed, says Jonathan Marcus, and military might is no longer a guarantee of success.
- US-Iran relations: A brief guide Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:50:34 GMT
- From the 1953 CIA-orchestrated overthrow of Iran's prime minister to a phone call between Presidents Obama and Rouhani and possible direct talks on Iraq, BBC News looks at more than 60 years of tricky US-Iran relations.
- VIDEO: Why does the rouble keep sliding? Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:27:14 GMT
- Russia's president has warned of "catastrophic consequences" if the rouble continues to slide. The BBC examines how we got here.
- VIDEO: Flying the 'Nintendo' fighter jet Mon, 24 Nov 2014 08:42:57 GMT
- BBC Click's Dave Lee finds out what it's like flying the newest advanced fighter jet, the F-35 Lightning II.
- VIDEO: Google case over web abuse settled Mon, 24 Nov 2014 11:42:16 GMT
- A UK businessman who took Google to court over malicious web postings directed at him, has reached a settlement with the firm.
- Residents riled by smelly nuts Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:11:24 GMT
- Autumnal spectacle is soured by 'vomit' stench of fallen fruit.
- Dog follows team on 430-mile trek Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:05:27 GMT
- After feeding him a meatball, a stray dog follows an extreme trekking team for more than 400 miles around Ecuador.
- RBS 'wanted critic's mortgage back' Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:29:27 GMT
- A businessman who wrote a government report that criticised RBS has been told he can no longer remain a customer of the bank, Panorama learns.