"You are the same today that you are going to be in five years from now except for two things: the people with whom you associate and the books you read."
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Fri, 01 Aug 2014 15:03:37 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: New York's 21st Century artisans Fri, 01 Aug 2014 09:20:43 GMT
- Members of the "millennial generation" are finding ways build businesses selling items that are handmade.
- VIDEO: Poodling along in the gymnasium Fri, 01 Aug 2014 01:50:07 GMT
- A new gymnasium exclusively for dogs has opened up in Alexandria, Virginia.
- VIDEO: Axe crashes through windscreen Thu, 31 Jul 2014 12:24:43 GMT
- A car passenger had a lucky escape after an axe flew off the back of a lorry and through the windscreen of the vehicle travelling behind it.
- VIDEO: Mysterious miracle? Crop circle draws crowds Thu, 31 Jul 2014 06:33:01 GMT
- A giant crop circle which apparently appeared out of nowhere, has drawn crowds of people to a farmer's field in Bavaria, southern Germany.
- Muhammad Ali gloves fetch $400,000 Fri, 01 Aug 2014 06:31:44 GMT
- The gloves worn by boxer Muhammad Ali during the "Fight of the Century" against Joe Frazier have been sold for nearly $400,000.
- Technique turns bodies 'see-through' Thu, 31 Jul 2014 23:13:23 GMT
- A newly discovered way to make entire bodies transparent could pave the way for a new generation of treatments, scientists say.
- Firms count cost of Russia sanctions Fri, 01 Aug 2014 12:45:22 GMT
- Around Europe, companies of all shapes and sizes are assessing the impact of the sanctions imposed by the EU this week following America's lead.
- BA owner IAG moves into profit Fri, 01 Aug 2014 10:35:30 GMT
- British Airways owner IAG moves into profit for the first half of 2014 after an improved performance by its Iberia airline business.
- Wearables tracked with Raspberry Pi Fri, 01 Aug 2014 10:30:21 GMT
- People who use wearable gadgets to monitor their health or activity can be tracked with only $70 (£40) of hardware, research suggests.
- 'Draconian' Russian net law enacted Thu, 31 Jul 2014 23:05:49 GMT
- A new law imposing restrictions on bloggers and social media users has come into effect in Russia.
- Rolf Harris challenges conviction Fri, 01 Aug 2014 10:55:54 GMT
- Disgraced entertainer Rolf Harris applies for permission to appeal against his conviction for indecent assaults.
- Silent film tops documentary poll Fri, 01 Aug 2014 11:21:05 GMT
- Dziga Vertov's 1929 film Man with a Movie Camera is voted the greatest ever documentary in a poll of more than 300 film-makers and critics.
- Nasa rover to make oxygen on Mars Fri, 01 Aug 2014 11:55:37 GMT
- Instruments on the next Nasa rover will attempt to make air and fuel from the Martian atmosphere to support future human landings.
- Goalkeepers' penalty 'flaw' revealed Thu, 31 Jul 2014 16:17:41 GMT
- Goalkeepers in penalty shoot-outs make a predictable error that could influence the outcome of the game according to new research.