"A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest."
— (Anna) Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962) American diplomat, writer, US First Lady
- VIDEO: Extreme adventurers adopt plucky dog Tue, 25 Nov 2014 13:49:02 GMT
- A team of Swedish extreme adventurers on a 10-day race through the Amazon rainforest have adopted a stray dog who started following them around after they fed him.
- VIDEO: Underwear protest by Mexican farmers Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:56:55 GMT
- Mexican farmers hold a protest wearing just underpants and a photograph to protest against alleged abuse of power.
- AUDIO: Songwriters' bad science lyrics Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:54:38 GMT
- Blue Peter Scientist Steve Mould is given the task of looking at some of the worst offenders.
- VIDEO: Flying the 'Nintendo' fighter jet Mon, 24 Nov 2014 08:42:57 GMT
- BBC Click's Dave Lee finds out what it's like flying the newest advanced fighter jet, the F-35 Lightning II.
- John Simpson: Could the world return to the 1980s? Tue, 25 Nov 2014 00:30:59 GMT
- Is the world set to return to the 1980s?
- Pope Francis hits out at 'bureaucratic' Europe Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:28:28 GMT
- Many MEPs were surprised at how trenchant the Pope's criticisms were, after he directly addressed them on the current malaise in Europe.
- Iran nuclear talks thrown lifeline, but time running short Mon, 24 Nov 2014 22:04:52 GMT
- Facing a last-gasp chance for Iran nuclear deal
- How terror bill will expand powers Tue, 25 Nov 2014 11:25:07 GMT
- This week's counter-terrorism bill will expand minister's powers - and face accusations of injustice, says Dominic Casciani.
- Ferguson: The controversy explained Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:10:38 GMT
- The shooting of Michael Brown led to widespread unrest and an upsurge of anger against the police.
- US-Iran relations: A brief guide Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:50:34 GMT
- From the 1953 CIA-orchestrated overthrow of Iran's prime minister to a phone call between Presidents Obama and Rouhani and possible direct talks on Iraq, BBC News looks at more than 60 years of tricky US-Iran relations.
- Twitter exec in direct message gaffe Tue, 25 Nov 2014 10:50:58 GMT
- Top Twitter boss accidentally tweets a private message about acquiring a company.
- Residents riled by smelly nuts Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:11:24 GMT
- Autumnal spectacle is soured by 'vomit' stench of fallen fruit.
- US economy grows faster than forecast Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:11:11 GMT
- The US economy grew much faster in the third quarter than first reported, official figures have shown.
- A 'generation to change bank culture' Wed, 26 Nov 2014 00:08:36 GMT
- A "toxic" and "aggressive" culture inside banks will take a generation to change, according to a report from Cass Business School and New City Agenda.
- Facebook hosted Rigby murder chat Tue, 25 Nov 2014 16:43:57 GMT
- Facebook hosted a conversation by one of Fusilier Lee Rigby's killers in which he said he wanted to kill a soldier, five months before the attack, the BBC learns.