"Never read a book that is not a year old."
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-82) American writer, philosopher, poet, essayist
- Nepal quake relief drive intensifies Sun, 26 Apr 2015 04:47:18 GMT
- Rescue efforts in Nepal intensify after more than 1,800 people were killed in the country's worst earthquake in more than 80 years.
- Baltimore protest turns violent Sun, 26 Apr 2015 02:59:03 GMT
- A protest march in Baltimore a week after Freddie Gray, a black man, died in police custody, turns violent with at least a dozen arrests.
- Russians 'accessed Obama's emails' Sun, 26 Apr 2015 02:28:18 GMT
- Russian hackers who gained access to the White House computer system last year were able to read President Obama's unclassified emails, reports say.
- Vault owner 'not contacted by police' Sun, 26 Apr 2015 02:03:47 GMT
- The director of the Hatton Garden Safety Deposit vault tells the BBC he has not been contacted by police investigating the heist.
- Putin-backed bikers head for Berlin Sat, 25 Apr 2015 21:59:01 GMT
- An ultra-patriotic Russian bike club begins a controversial ride to Berlin, despite Polish warnings that it will not allow them across the border.
- Kazakh leader seeks five more years Sun, 26 Apr 2015 01:58:45 GMT
- Kazakhstan votes in elections likely to extend the 26-year rule of President Nursultan Nazarbayev for another five years.
- Indonesia issues execution orders Sat, 25 Apr 2015 12:43:10 GMT
- At least three of 10 people on death row in Indonesia for drug smuggling are given formal notice of their imminent execution.
- VW chairman resigns in power struggle Sat, 25 Apr 2015 17:22:03 GMT
- Ferdinand Piech, the chairman of VW, Europe's biggest carmaker, resigns after a power struggle with his chief executive.
- Syria Islamists take northern town Sat, 25 Apr 2015 14:31:44 GMT
- Islamist rebels have captured much of the north-western Syrian town of Jisr al-Shughur from government forces, activists say.
- Arrest over Japan radioactive drone Sat, 25 Apr 2015 14:25:47 GMT
- A man who flew a drone carrying radioactive sand on to the roof of the Japanese prime minister's office has been arrested, Tokyo police say.
- VIDEO: Moment Nepal earthquake struck Sun, 26 Apr 2015 00:34:51 GMT
- More than 1,500 people are believed to have died in a powerful earthquake that struck Nepal, wrecking many historic buildings.
- VIDEO: Kazakhs vote to elect president Sun, 26 Apr 2015 04:28:21 GMT
- Kazakhstan is holding an early presidential election, with the state of the economy posing a major challenge to the incumbent, Nursultan Nazarbayev.
- VIDEO: Pinhead-sized Bible goes on show Sat, 25 Apr 2015 23:01:07 GMT
- A copy of the Hebrew Bible the size of a pinhead has gone on display at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem.
- VIDEO: Putin's 'Hells Angels' ride on Berlin Sat, 25 Apr 2015 17:51:37 GMT
- A Russian biker group, famed for their patriotism, have set off from Moscow hoping to recreate the route taken by the Red Army 70 years ago and travel to Berlin.
- VIDEO: Services mark Gallipoli 100 years on Sat, 25 Apr 2015 19:16:43 GMT
- Services are taking place around the world to mark the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli campaign, one of the bloodiest battles of World War One.