"In politics I am growing indifferent -- I would like it, if I could now return to my planting and books at home."
- Ebola outbreak cases pass 10,000 Sat, 25 Oct 2014 11:47:10 GMT
- The number of cases in the Ebola outbreak passes 10,000, with 4,922 deaths, the World Health Organization's latest report says.
- Iran hangs woman despite campaign Sat, 25 Oct 2014 10:49:13 GMT
- Iran defies an international campaign and hangs a woman who killed a man she said was trying to sexually abuse her.
- Google boss sets new skydive record Fri, 24 Oct 2014 22:35:51 GMT
- Google executive Alan Eustace breaks the world altitude record for a parachute jump set two years ago by Felix Baumgartner.
- Attacks 'threaten Egypt's existence' Sat, 25 Oct 2014 12:03:52 GMT
- Egypt faces an existential threat from jihadists, the president says, after at least 31 soldiers are killed in two attacks in the Sinai peninsula.
- New York axe attack 'terrorist act' Sat, 25 Oct 2014 05:40:48 GMT
- Police in New York say an axe attack on two officers was a terrorist act carried out by a radicalised Muslim convert.
- Vietnam tycoon arrested for 'fraud' Sat, 25 Oct 2014 09:42:46 GMT
- One of Vietnam's richest men, Ha Van Tham, is arrested by police on suspicion of lending fraud, authorities say.
- Life terms for Argentina jail crimes Sat, 25 Oct 2014 01:56:09 GMT
- An Argentine ex-police chief and ex-interior minister are among 15 people given life sentences for involvement in a torture centre in the 1970s.
- Britain must pay EU bill, says MEP Sat, 25 Oct 2014 10:04:44 GMT
- The rest of Europe expects the UK to settle a £1.7bn EU budget demand "and that's that", a vice president of the European Parliament has said.
- Malaysia envoy appears in NZ court Sat, 25 Oct 2014 03:47:11 GMT
- A Malaysian diplomat appears briefly in court on charges of attempted rape in the New Zealand city of Wellington after being extradited.
- US judge sentences Farc commander Sat, 25 Oct 2014 04:38:50 GMT
- A US judge has sentenced an ex-Colombian rebel to 27 years in prison for his role in the kidnapping of three American citizens in 2003.
- One killed in US school shooting Sat, 25 Oct 2014 08:52:03 GMT
- One student is shot dead and four wounded in a school by a classmate who then took his own life, police in the US state of Washington say.
- US golf boss sacked in Poulter row Fri, 24 Oct 2014 23:10:34 GMT
- Ted Bishop, president of the PGA of America, is sacked after calling Ian Poulter a "little girl" on social media.
- VIDEO: Paris's Picasso museum reopens Fri, 24 Oct 2014 23:13:33 GMT
- Paris's world-renowned Picasso museum is reopening after being closed for five years.
- VIDEO: Using Facebook to get a pay rise Fri, 24 Oct 2014 23:13:53 GMT
- BBC News speaks to the creators of Smarpshare, who want employees to become brand ambassadors for their firms.
- VIDEO: Brazil's 'tightest' presidential vote Fri, 24 Oct 2014 18:21:16 GMT
- Sunday's presidential run-off vote in Brazil is too close to call and the election battle has centred on the pivotal home state of both candidates, Minas Gerais.