"We should get into the habit of reading inspirational books, looking at inspirational pictures, hearing inspirational music, associating with inspirational friends."
—Alfred A. Montapert
- West seeks full Nemtsov murder probe Sat, 28 Feb 2015 12:03:31 GMT
- Western leaders condemn the killing of Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov, and urge the authorities to conduct a transparent investigation.
- US avoids homeland security shutdown Sat, 28 Feb 2015 05:53:02 GMT
- Lawmakers in the US avoid a partial shutdown of the Homeland Security Department after passing a one-week funding extension two hours before a deadline.
- India budget to boost investment Sat, 28 Feb 2015 08:25:36 GMT
- Indian PM Narendra Modi's government unveils a business-friendly budget aimed at attracting greater investment for the economy.
- UK 'must prepare for Russian threat' Sat, 28 Feb 2015 06:35:11 GMT
- Russia has become a danger to Britain and the country must be prepared to take steps to defend itself and its allies, the former head of MI6 says.
- Obama leads Leonard Nimoy tributes Sat, 28 Feb 2015 10:55:57 GMT
- President Obama is among those paying tribute to Leonard Nimoy, the Star Trek actor who has died aged 83, saying: "I loved Spock."
- Most-wanted Mexico drug lord held Sat, 28 Feb 2015 06:55:53 GMT
- The Mexican president hails the capture of the country's most wanted drug lord - Knights Templar chief Servando 'La Tuta' Gomez.
- Emwazi had anger therapy - teacher Sat, 28 Feb 2015 04:50:49 GMT
- A former teacher of the man named as extremist "Jihadi John" says he received anger management therapy at secondary school after getting into fights.
- 'Progress' in US-Cuba diplomatic talks Fri, 27 Feb 2015 23:19:46 GMT
- Cuban and US diplomats are optimistic about progress at talks in Washington on restoring full relations between the two countries.
- Greek PM vows 'no third bailout' Fri, 27 Feb 2015 21:37:26 GMT
- Greek PM Alexis Tsipras denies his country will need a third international bailout, and vows to "start working hard" to change the country.
- Former Colombian spy chief convicted Sat, 28 Feb 2015 04:42:29 GMT
- The former head of Colombia's secret police, Maria del Pilar Hurtado, has been found guilty of spying on politicians, judges and journalists.
- Nyong'o stolen dress 'recovered' Sat, 28 Feb 2015 08:02:38 GMT
- A dress "resembling" the $150,000 (£97,000) outfit worn by Lupita Nyong'o at this year's Oscars has been found, Los Angeles police say.
- VIDEO: Mariupol's volunteer defence force Sat, 28 Feb 2015 09:19:30 GMT
- Fighting has died down in Ukraine's Donetsk and Luhansk regions in recent days, after a ceasefire agreed between the government and pro-Russian rebels.
- VIDEO: Hungarian village up for rent Sat, 28 Feb 2015 05:50:13 GMT
- A small Hungarian village has put itself up for tourists to rent, in an attempt to raise money to revitalise it.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Sat, 28 Feb 2015 04:41:42 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Israeli and Iranian musicians in harmony Fri, 27 Feb 2015 00:10:32 GMT
- Iranian harpsichord player Mahan Esfahani and Israeli mandolin player Avi Avital talk about how a mutual love of Bach brought them together.