- Scottish independence: Decision day Wed, 17 Sep 2014 22:43:45 GMT
- People in Scotland will vote later on whether the country should stay in the UK or become an independent nation.
- Obama: No US combat mission in Iraq Wed, 17 Sep 2014 22:27:14 GMT
- President Barack Obama has said US troops fighting Islamic State (IS) militants in Iraq and Syria "do not and will not have a combat mission".
- Australia launches anti-terror raids Wed, 17 Sep 2014 23:04:36 GMT
- Australian police make arrests in Sydney and Brisbane in what they say is the biggest counter-terrorism operation in the country's history.
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has cancer Wed, 17 Sep 2014 22:14:02 GMT
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has been diagnosed with a "fairly aggressive" rare cancer, doctors treating him say.
- Ebola can 'ruin W Africa economies' Wed, 17 Sep 2014 20:38:39 GMT
- The Ebola outbreak could have a catastrophic economic impact on three West African countries, the World Bank says.
- US Fed to end stimulus in October Wed, 17 Sep 2014 19:38:42 GMT
- The US Federal Reserve says it will raise interest rates once a "considerable time" has passed after its stimulus programme ends in October.
- Nigeria college attacked by gunmen Wed, 17 Sep 2014 20:33:14 GMT
- Gunmen attack a teacher training college in the northern Nigerian city of Kano, with officials saying at least 15 people have been killed.
- Ukraine to vet one million officials Wed, 17 Sep 2014 14:32:52 GMT
- Ukraine will screen one million civil servants to root out corrupt practices, Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk says.
- Kosovo 'imams held' in raids on IS Wed, 17 Sep 2014 18:14:35 GMT
- Prominent imams are among 15 people arrested in Kosovo as police tackle recruitment for Islamic State (IS) in Syria and Iraq, reports say.
- Austria’s Alps hit by climate change Wed, 17 Sep 2014 16:46:05 GMT
- Austria, with its sensitive Alpine regions, has been particularly hard hit by climate change, a major survey says.
- eBay attack puts its buyers at risk Wed, 17 Sep 2014 14:32:14 GMT
- A sophisticated attack on eBay compromises at least two listings so that users who click on them are redirected to a fake page that attempts to steal their credentials.
- VIDEO: Somali PM: 'Al-Shabab amnesty working' Wed, 17 Sep 2014 23:06:51 GMT
- Somalia's prime minister says members of the Somali militant Islamist group al-Shabab are responding to a government amnesty and have defected from the organisation.
- VIDEO: War ammo found in residential garage Wed, 17 Sep 2014 14:05:42 GMT
- Munitions and other artefacts from World War One and World War Two have been found during a raid on a residential garage in St Albans, Hertfordshire.
- VIDEO: Politician recovering after bin stunt Wed, 17 Sep 2014 14:10:43 GMT
- A politician has told Ukrainian TV he needs to recover "morally, physically and psychologically" after being dumped in a rubbish bin.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Wed, 17 Sep 2014 22:53:12 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.