"A book is a story for the mind. A song is a story for the soul."
—Eric Pio American poet
- US threatens more Russia sanctions Wed, 23 Apr 2014 06:20:22 GMT
- US Secretary of State John Kerry says Washington will impose further sanctions on Russia if it does not de-escalate tensions in east Ukraine.
- Survivor's regret over ferry students Wed, 23 Apr 2014 04:54:16 GMT
- A survivor of the South Korean ferry that capsized last week says he saw students trapped inside the vessel's cafeteria as it capsized.
- Dancer's death sparks Rio clashes Wed, 23 Apr 2014 03:44:35 GMT
- Violent protests break out in the Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro following the death of a young man allegedly beaten by police.
- Obama pledges Japan islands support Wed, 23 Apr 2014 07:46:19 GMT
- US President Barack Obama tells Japan that islands it disputes with China are covered by a bilateral defence treaty, as he begins an Asian tour.
- Future of the net debated in Brazil Tue, 22 Apr 2014 23:36:39 GMT
- Tensions emerge ahead of a meeting being held in Sao Paulo, Brazil, to discuss changes to the way the internet is governed.
- Blair warns West over radical Islam Wed, 23 Apr 2014 06:30:45 GMT
- Tony Blair will warn Western leaders they must put aside their differences with Russia over Ukraine to focus on the threat of Islamic extremism.
- Mali group says French hostage dead Tue, 22 Apr 2014 22:17:22 GMT
- Islamist militants in Mali say French hostage Gilberto Rodrigues Leal, who was kidnapped in 2012, is dead.
- 'A third' can't afford healthy food Wed, 23 Apr 2014 00:06:53 GMT
- High food prices mean a third of UK adults are struggling to afford to eat healthily, a survey by the British Heart Foundation suggests.
- Brazil ex-president 'not murdered' Tue, 22 Apr 2014 23:03:10 GMT
- Brazil's National Truth Commission says the death of ex-President Juscelino Kubitschek was an accident, despite claims he was murdered.
- GM seeks to bar some ignition cases Wed, 23 Apr 2014 05:56:53 GMT
- General Motors asks a US court to bar some lawsuits relating to its recall over faulty ignition switches.
- Brunei delays tough new Islamic law Wed, 23 Apr 2014 04:57:53 GMT
- The South east Asian nation of Brunei postpones the introduction of tough Sharia criminal punishments that were due to begin on Tuesday.
- US abduction 'targeted wrong person' Wed, 23 Apr 2014 01:35:13 GMT
- A US prosecutor was the original target of a kidnapping plot that ended with her father being held captive for five days, officials say.
- VIDEO: 'We just want to live normally' Wed, 23 Apr 2014 05:19:03 GMT
- The BBC meets a pro-Russian family living in a rural area of Ukraine, who say their support for Moscow does not mean they are separatists.
- VIDEO: Hands-on with Microsoft's Cortana Tue, 22 Apr 2014 23:40:33 GMT
- Microsoft's natural language expert explains how he breathed life into the firm's Halo-inspired virtual assistant Cortana.
- AUDIO: Led Zep reveal Keys to the Highway track Wed, 23 Apr 2014 07:01:51 GMT
- Legendary rock group Led Zeppelin have released two previously unheard recordings ahead of the reissue of the band's first three albums in June.